What to buy

If you’re looking to clear out the garage or fill it back up post up your FOR SALE or WANTED here. No commercial sales, just personal stuff.
Decco

Re: What to buy

Post by Decco »

Fair play
Carbed KTM 950 SM ?
I just wrote a huge reply and the cat made it disappear. bugger
scoobydidler

Post by scoobydidler »

SPEN wrote:I'm heading towards another 660 tenere, or maybe a 1050 tiger like I said I've had over 100 bikes so I do chop and change, hard to find the right machine, what about a Transalp??
There are two Teneres for sale on here, right now!

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
dave h

Post by dave h »

Decco wrote:Fair play
Carbed KTM 950 SM ?

I just wrote a huge reply and the cat made it disappear. bugger[/quote
My first ktm loved it
dave h

Post by dave h »

Think that cats about
SPEN

Post by SPEN »

KTM SMT with shitty fuel injection
SPEN

Post by SPEN »

IainD wrote:
SPEN wrote:I'm heading towards another 660 tenere, or maybe a 1050 tiger like I said I've had over 100 bikes so I do chop and change, hard to find the right machine, what about a Transalp??

Try this one, in Triumph Glasgow. I know (was) the previous owner.

Nice big panniers, low mileage.
My mate has one , I've never ridden it , probably a better bike for the road than the tenere is , just wondering how the Transalp would compare to the 800 triumph ?

trannie.JPG
bowber

Post by bowber »

My wife had a 700 tranny and while it was a nice bike I don't think it'll compare favourably to the Triumph 800.
IainD

Post by IainD »

bowber wrote:My wife had a 700 tranny and while it was a nice bike I don't think it'll compare favourably to the Triumph 800.
Horses for courses really.

I bought the Trannie mostly for running round back roads at an easy pace taking in the scenery, for which it was brilliant. Fairly comfy on longer runs and OK up to about 85 on the motorway, after which it is a bit buzzy.

Pulls like a train despite low power, great motor. Keeps your right foot warm in the winter.

I changed mine as I wanted more of a mile cruncher and the Tiger is really comfortable at any speed, mine is the road (XRT) version with a few bells and whistles as standard, but nothing you can't add yourself.

I have taken it out on some of our local rough moor roads and it handles it well, the Trannie was slightly better at the rougher stuff though, where the Tiger suspension crashes a bit (though it is road suspension).

There isn't really a direct comparison to be made I suppose, they are both upright bikes with big front wheels in the same Catagory, but where the Trannie is laid back the Tiger is eager and where the Tiger gets it on, the Trannie doesn't like to be pushed too hard. The Trannie was discontinued about 5 years ago, so no fancy screen or computer; but is that a bad thing.

People have been all over the world on both, so no issues there, just pick one that suits your needs and (current) personality.

If I had the space, I would have kept it.
ds99

Post by ds99 »

Suzuki vstrom 650 or 1000
The new vstrom 1000 gets good reviews, but that's £10,000
a 2013-14 vstrom 650 is a good buy. about £4,000
SPEN

Post by SPEN »

I bought a 1050 Tiger !! that'll make a change

Return to “FOR SALE - WANTED”