What to buy

If you’re looking to clear out the garage or fill it back up post up your FOR SALE or WANTED here. No commercial sales, just personal stuff.
lancashirelad

Re: What to buy

Post by lancashirelad »

Just posted my CCM SR-40 in for sale section something a bit different?
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Give me a shout if you fancy a KTM 950 Adventure, 2 owners, 27,000 miles and in your budget.
one-legged adventurer
trophydave

Post by trophydave »

Ive got a nice low mileage 955 Tiger that I might sell.
Cone

Post by Cone »

Anything you let someone sell you that you don't really want will just be a waste of your hard earns cash. Choose what you want!!!
Sorry chaps!!
:P
SPEN

Post by SPEN »

Still undecided ,I loved my Tenere but a few things put me off , shitty seat , lack of power ,tubed tyres ( after I got a 60 mph blow out over taking cars and the tyre came off the rim ) The KTM was shit in traffic snatchy fuel injection and the fan was never off even on a cold day, so I want something fairly light in weight ,plenty of power ,150 mile plus range , tubed tyres and well built and reliable !!! have they made this bike yet ???
Decco

Post by Decco »

SPEN wrote:I'm heading towards another 660 tenere, or maybe a 1050 tiger like I said I've had over 100 bikes so I do chop and change, hard to find the right machine, what about a Transalp??
Stop right there! You've had over a 100 bikes and your looking for advice on what to buy next?

Do you ride them or look at them?

You should know by now what you want from a bike like some sort of bike guru.

Good luck with your search grasshopper! I've a MZ 250 in the garden which if you rode, would show you which bike you dont want.
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

Get a mobility scooter, its the last bike you`ll ever ride :whistle:
SPEN

Post by SPEN »

Yep easily over 100 ,but I am 50 years old and started at 14 so I've ridden a few , I think part of it as I've bought more modern bikes they haven't necessarily been better at doing all the things old bikes can do if that makes sense , the more complicated they've become the harder it is to do any work on them yourself , I bought bikes with fuel injection ( XTX 660 ) and it's been worse to ride than a bike with carbs because it f..ks about in traffic ,the KTM was the same ,The GS1200 are a great bike but the build quality is shite and they have several faults so not as reliable as some might say they are ,A lot of the touring bikes are so big you need to be 6"4 to get on them and heavy when loaded up , so i'm just looking other peoples opinions to see what's out there.
SPEN

Post by SPEN »

Andi_Archer wrote:Get a mobility scooter, its the last bike you`ll ever ride :whistle:
I'll borrow your sisters the next time i'm round ;)
IainD

Post by IainD »

SPEN wrote:I'm heading towards another 660 tenere, or maybe a 1050 tiger like I said I've had over 100 bikes so I do chop and change, hard to find the right machine, what about a Transalp??

Try this one, in Triumph Glasgow. I know (was) the previous owner.

Nice big panniers, low mileage.

trannie.JPG
trannie.JPG (48.39 KiB) Viewed 2185 times

Return to “FOR SALE - WANTED”