Anyone not had a bike nicked (ever)?

The Things We Ride
BIG DON

Re: Anyone not had a bike nicked (ever)?

Post by BIG DON »

B)
"No never" been lucky, I had petrol drained from my old CB750 while it was outside a girlfriends by the young tinker next door but that was it.
I would hate to find someone messing with my stuff May the Lord and all the saints in heaven and on earth have mercy on them cause I wouldn't.
D
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

frenchy3 wrote:I am really lucky where i live now but at my previous town i had four bikes stolen in separate incidents Harris Magnum 2 1200 suzuki,Yamaha 350lc,Maico 250 enduro,BSA B31(got that one back) I had all my tools stolen. I had one car broken into and used to ram the garage door open of my brothers garage where the thieves stole two of his bikes and all of his tools. I also have had cars vandalized or broken into to steal stereos etc. I have to admit this was all many years ago and it does not happen as much these days.
Wow that really sucks. What town was that?
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

Thetford in Norfolk. It used to have a bad reputation but things have improved a lot. Forgot to mention i also had a Honda CRM 250 stolen as well from my garage.
Brenhden wrote:
frenchy3 wrote:I am really lucky where i live now but at my previous town i had four bikes stolen in separate incidents Harris Magnum 2 1200 suzuki,Yamaha 350lc,Maico 250 enduro,BSA B31(got that one back) I had all my tools stolen. I had one car broken into and used to ram the garage door open of my brothers garage where the thieves stole two of his bikes and all of his tools. I also have had cars vandalized or broken into to steal stereos etc. I have to admit this was all many years ago and it does not happen as much these days.
Wow that really sucks. What town was that?
Craig-SM

Post by Craig-SM »

I had my 84 CR500 stolen. Was in the back of my van at the time backed up to a wall. They broke into the car in front to roll it forward so the could do the same with the van to get the bike out. I really miss that bike.
Had a couple of attempts on other bikes in the garage but keep them locked up with Almax chains and locks now. Best security is the elderly neighbour who can see my garage from their houses and no one gets past the driveway gates never mind reach the garage without being confronted
sooty

Post by sooty »

Nope, never ever. Been really lucky I guess, bike is always stored in the 'tin shed' when not in use, always disc locked when parked away from home. Even abroad, never been touched. Is that a GS thing? Maybe it's just to damned ugly :whistle:
Q plate

Post by Q plate »

Never lost a motorbike so far (touch wood) but had my Raleigh Striker nicked when I was about 6, vaguely recall my world ending/crying & stamping my feet for about a week :pinch:
Stuartw

Post by Stuartw »

Touch wood no motorbikes, but as per a few on here x3 mountain bikes knicked over the years
Jeves

Post by Jeves »

Had my Transalp stolen about 20 years ago, along with two helmets and some tools. Funny it was the night after our traveller friends called to see if I wanted the drive Tarmac , the police were too frightened to look around the site about a mile away. Since then garage alarmed bikes chained to floor,
Mikekitts81

Anyone not had a bike nicked (ever)?

Post by Mikekitts81 »

Never ... they would have to take the bmw of the drive then move the bins move the trailer back so they can open my gates then move the trailer forward off the drive so they can get through then find a way into my garage and then go through the locks etc ... and by time they done all that I think I'd be waking up for my breakfast and catch then ha ha
Sent from my BBA100-2 using Tapatalk
All things built not bought . The only way is adventure .
dan66

Post by dan66 »

I was about to reply 'no never had a bike nicked', when I remembered years ago when living in South London someone actually pinched my MZ250!
That's South London for you, couldn't wait to get back over the Thames to the 'proper' side of London. :laugh:

Return to β€œBIKES”