One year on was it worth it?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
AlanHolt

Re: One year on was it worth it?

Post by AlanHolt »

I can't think of a single positive which will come from Brexit. All the positives leavers think they will get are speculative at best, because nothing has been guaranteed. So until the brexit terms are confirmed as containing anything positive, all we have is speculation and negativity.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Whichever way you voted, and wether or not you have changed your mind since...You will love this.
http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2011/05/17/ang ... ion-guide/
It's funny, because it's true!
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

Who are the "others"?
roberteagle6

Post by roberteagle6 »

Hi Guys, I have not read all the preambles to this discussion but- they lose more than we do if they want to get shitty ABOUT ANY DEAL "!! money talks ! Witness how much they think we owe them in future planned expenditure !!!
We import way way more than we export to Europe - so if push comes to shove they lose. The Eurocrats in charge in Brussels, do not care and may well cause some discomfort, but consider how they have destroyed Greece, if they can they will destroy us ! DO YOU REALLY WANT TO BE A MEMBER OF THIS CLUB ???
We can leave now and should, the industrialists not the politicians will win the day and BMW for example will have a big input ultimately in any deal with Europe that is negotiated, after the Brexit SHOWCASE - IF YOU GET MY DRIFT. MONEY TALKS.
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

roberteagle6 wrote: We import way way more than we export to Europe - so if push comes to shove they lose. The Eurocrats in charge in Brussels, do not care and may well cause some discomfort, but consider how they have destroyed Greece, if they can they will destroy us ! DO YOU REALLY WANT TO BE A MEMBER OF THIS CLUB ???

We can leave now and should, the industrialists not the politicians will win the day and BMW for example will have a big input ultimately in any deal with Europe that is negotiated, after the Brexit SHOWCASE - IF YOU GET MY DRIFT. MONEY TALKS.
Just a couple of points.
Greece had a black economy which meant that taxes were avoided and whilst people and companies benefitted from it, the country as a whole didn't. When have you ever been given a receipt for a meal in Greece?

The fact that we import so much from Europe shows how much we need them. Only countries which export more than they import hold the trump cards when it comes to negotiations.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote:Whichever way you voted, and wether or not you have changed your mind since...You will love this.

http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2011/05/17/ang ... ion-guide/

It's funny, because it's true!
Ha ha, brilliant Richard!
Seminole wrote:Who are the "others"?
Anyone in fact, IMHO this is a 'universal' manual for every way that the Brits deal with any negotiation ...

All we need now is an illustrated version, say by Gary Larson ...

Regs

Simon

PS, OMG the little grey cells are working hard today, from J P Donleavy's The Unexpurgated Code: A Complete Manual of Survival & Manners., one of the funniest books I've ever read - and I read it way back in 1976!!!

The pathway of all divorce negotiations:

The lion's share
A lion's share
A mouse's share
The mouse's share ...
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Africa John

Post by Africa John »

AlanHolt wrote:The fact that we import so much from Europe shows how much we need them. Only countries which export more than they import hold the trump cards when it comes to negotiations.
Surely capitalist economics means that another provider will step? Market economics of supply and demand. If BMWs cost more people will switch to another brand or pay the extra? There will be a period of adjustment as new providers gain a foothold but once the barrier to entry of the EU rules are gone the door is open to these new providers? Once the new providers are established current providers from the EU will need other markets or will have to change to our rules.

Just trying to understand the economics behind both sides of the debate. It seems to me (maybe naively) that we are told we have to stay in the EU so we can trade under the rules the EU make but they just seem to be self protectionist to keep the cash in the EU.

I've got refuse trucks rotting away as they were made of shitty Italian steel because the EU procurement rules meant we couldn't just specify British steel. Yes they cost less when we bought them but they ain't cheap now. We joke that we haven't got any decent steel to weld the repairs to.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Return to “THE PUB”