Anyone not had a bike nicked (ever)?

The Things We Ride
EarthWorm

Post by EarthWorm »

Prompted by the title Question in the other 'nicked thread
Personaly I've only had 2 motorcycles nicked, An MTX 125 and a PE 175, both more than a quarter century ago, yet I can still remember the raw, sinking feeling of seeing that empty space where my pride and joy(s)should have been.
Looking back, it seemed in those times everyone who was a biker had had it happen at least once, (living in a fairly large city, perhaps things were different elsewhere)
I do wonder has anyone been lucky enough to have never fallen foul of the scumbags?
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration
Tonibe63

Re: Anyone not had a bike nicked (ever)?

Post by Tonibe63 »

Never had a bike nicked but the dog disturbed a prowler 3 or 4 years ago.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
EarthWorm

Post by EarthWorm »

Glad to hear it, maybe things aren't as bad these days?, or perhaps I'm selectively only remembering the sorry tales of the afflicted and of course my own experiences?
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

Never had a bike nicked but I've had 2 cars nicked over the years one only a week old!!
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

Never. One attempt at getting into my garage, and one car stolen.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Had my pride and joy nicked 4 years ago. It prompted me to leave the city. Never looked back.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

I've only ever had one bike stolen,an RD350LC. I do remember that sinking feeling when you get ready to go to work in the morning and the shed door is swinging open.I was wanting to sell the bike anyway as winter was approaching and I never really gelled with the bike.I was quite pleased it was stolen when I managed to get £400 more from the insurance than I paid for it.
I found out a couple of years later my so called best mate had been involved with the theft for spares for one of his other friends girlfriend's bike.
He ended up hooked on heroin so that's what I call karma! :)
ScottT

Post by ScottT »

Many years agoI Had my 350YPVS stolen, a couple of months later some thug from Liverpool was killed when he hit a wall on a stolen GSXR.
Turns out he was getting the train from Liverpool up to Cumbria stealing a bike and riding it home, the police found several missing bikes in his garage, my YPVS wasn't in there but i still hope it was him that took it and got his karma.
Africa John

Post by Africa John »

Never had one nicked in 28 years
My sister had her Metro nicked from outside my house in Hull and my ex wife had her car broken into there
I harden the target now. Last house I put bolts on the bottom corners of the garage door. This one has 3 bikes and 3 engineering machines and I chain the door to a bike. Both were/are integral garages so no other way in.
Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

I am really lucky where i live now but at my previous town i had four bikes stolen in separate incidents Harris Magnum 2 1200 suzuki,Yamaha 350lc,Maico 250 enduro,BSA B31(got that one back) I had all my tools stolen. I had one car broken into and used to ram the garage door open of my brothers garage where the thieves stole two of his bikes and all of his tools. I also have had cars vandalized or broken into to steal stereos etc. I have to admit this was all many years ago and it does not happen as much these days.

Return to “BIKES”