Black Pudding

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Simon_100

Re: Black Pudding

Post by Simon_100 »

The Spanish Biker wrote:Come to Spain, black pudding capital of the world. 'Marcella' de Burgos has got to be a classic, it's got rice in it which goes brown and crunchy when you fry it. Or Morcilla de Granada, which is smooth like the British version but without the white bits.

Or the 'Holy Grail' the very very hard to come by Mprceilla de Martos, which is a small village in Jaen down in the deep south. This is so spicy that people eat it a purée of pumpkin to help it go down ...

Oh FFFS yet again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.you

tube.com/watch?

v=STl224mhlA8

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
davsato

Post by davsato »

[video][/video]
Dave
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Which brings is neatly to Toad-in-the-Hole ... (thumbs)
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

davsato

Post by davsato »

[video]http://3zNTDfLZRS4[/video][video width=425 height=344 type=youtube]3zNTDfLZRS4[/video]
Dave
jhwg_95

Post by jhwg_95 »

Hmm spicy black pudding, now that sounds interesting...
jhwg_95

Post by jhwg_95 »

The Spanish Biker wrote:
Shidosan wrote:Bury market +1 or

http://www.reallancashireblackpuddings.co.uk

Enjoy
Am I right in thinking that Bury, Lancashire, is the accredited world centre if black pudding making?

One of my finest memories from about 1990 is being in the queue at a very posh butchers in Sussex where all of the 'luvvies' with their Chelsea tractors, wellies, faux Barbour suits, etc. were waiting for their posh points of Aberdeen Angus, Sussex lamb, etc. to be mad up while Mrs S and I, having rolled up on the Dnepr and basically stinking of mud, oil and genuine Barbour jacket - re-enforced with surplus furniture wax to help the crap waterproof ...

We had a friend's cottage nearby to spend the weekend at so, yes, we too were looking fir f*** off meat, but the black puddings looked great too as just to make conversation I mention that were I was from - the West Midlands - we eat it raw if it's fresh enough. The butcher simply beamed and we shared a few slices there and then while the luvvies began to look as green and their wellies ... (thumbs)

Regs

Simon

PS still think the Spanish versions are better though!

Before:

After:

Regs

Simon

PS correction, it was a Belstaff jacket, wasn't I a handsome dude back then' what went wrong, surely not the black pudding diet? :whistle:

Where in Sussex is this butchers? I am from Hastings myself...
jhwg_95

Post by jhwg_95 »

herman wrote:stayed in Cumbria a couple of years ago and the local chippy had it battered, result.I oft have some as a burger filling.
You can't beat a black pudding sandwich! May have to try battered!

On a side note Herman I am the proud owner of your old xt660 and it turns out that three of us owners of the same bike were at the rally this weekend! (Roger was there too). Did you spot it?
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

jhwg_95 wrote:
Well the photo of me having a beer was outside the Victory Inn at Staplefield. Still looks like a 'real' pub!

But the butcher's was up a sort of alleyway just off the 'high' street at Cuckfield. I've just tried to find on Goggly but no joy there. :( Why, do you remember it?

Regs

Simon

jhwg_95

Post by jhwg_95 »

The Spanish Biker wrote:
jhwg_95 wrote:
Well the photo of me having a beer was outside the Victory Inn at Staplefield. Still looks like a 'real' pub!

But the butcher's was up a sort of alleyway just off the 'high' street at Cuckfield. I've just tried to find on Goggly but no joy there. :( Why, do you remember it?

Regs

Simon
Well I can't say I do but that could be because I wasn't born until 1995... :laugh:
chickenDinner

Post by chickenDinner »

I've heard that white pudding is the new black pudding. Have you tried it?

Return to “THE PUB”