Light trail riding.

The Things We Ride
lancashirelad

Re: Light trail riding.

Post by lancashirelad »

That is a nice one do you have to be a member of the TRF to use their forum, l couldn't see anywhere to register/
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

I kid you not gentlem. ...my ttr will go more places than the panzer....and is a totally different " kettle of fish" when it comes to technical stuff. .250cc is all you need for nadgery bits. How ever, for the long trails, the panzer with its up to date suspension comes into its own. ....horses for courses
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings Lancashirelad,
To be able to contact the seller of the Serow you would need to be a Member of the TRF.
You could try asking one of the folks on here who is a TRF Member with access to the Forum to contact the seller on your behalf.
I have a much older Serow and I think that they are great bikes, although their advantage of being low can also be their achilles heel on some routes which have deep ruts. Simple design, so easy to ride with its mild manners and easy maintenance. That particular bike does look well.
TTFN
Hugh.
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

Thanks Hugh l registered for the TRF forum but as you say l can't contact him anyway :(
Does look good value but Poole is a long way to look at a bike although l have gone further in the past for viewing.
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

If you're over 5'8 forget a Serow
Like riding a moped
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
STRATARIDER

Post by STRATARIDER »

Hi I came across this before fitting a speedo healer on my TTR250:
Serrow 250 bringing £3.5K for a good one is it legal to ride with only a KPH speedo l did google it but no definitive answer?:
http://www.dft.gov.uk/vca/additional/fi ... vca039.pdf
3.6. Speedometers
Every motorcycle first used on or after 1 April 1984 and capable of more than 25 mph must have a speedometer which reads in both miles per hour and kilometres per hour either simultaneously or separately by the use of a switch. A speedometer which is approved to Community Directives
75/443/EEC as amended by 97/39/EC, 2000/7/EC or to
UNECE Regulation No.39 is acceptable.
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

So can a "speedo healer" whatever one of them is be fitted to the Serow not something l know a great deal about to be honest?
Off now to google speedo healer!!
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

Maybe the term is related to an inline mechanical converter that can be purchased for some bikes and cars.It basically changes the speed of the cable input rotation to convert the reading from KMH to MH
cowling

Post by cowling »

Hi , it's I ,who has the cfr250l for sale on the forum, can't do that linky thing, doh.
But if you decide on a crf250l, you'll not go far wrong with this one ,it's as new.
I wouldn't worry about tha capability of the Crf250l , I rode my first one for 3 years
Commuting, long haul,loads of greenlaning all over the country, for 12000 miles
And it did everything brilliantly, I'm not saying buy mine, but I highly recommend
Them, and it sounds like the perfect bike for your needs.
£3000 no offers to you! If you are interested pm me, regards Neil. (thumbs)
nethen1

Post by nethen1 »

Buy Neils Bike. Thats the answer in a nut shell. its a great bike and well look after and Perfect fot job ! (thumbs)
Are we stoppin for a brew !

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHnqi2JsFoNCV6ktRGEOVXQ/playlists

Braaaaaaaaaaaaaappppppppp :)

Return to “BIKES”