fatal flaw or sour grapes

The Things We Ride
Oop North John

Re: fatal flaw or sour grapes

Post by Oop North John »

Seen on the UKGser Facebook page that someone has had that area beefed up very recently.
Sour grapes?
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

Nigel wrote:
WIBO wrote:
Crossrutted wrote:let's face facts, it's a heavy road bike being sold as an off road bike.

Nobody would be surprised if a Hardly Rideable or Pan European failed under that use, why be surprised about the GS?

The BMW marketing machine has a lot to answer for IMO.

I concur
From BMW website :side:
bmw.jpg

:)

Spray guard and wind guiding wing?

Some riders must really read that?....Really?

" I fell off and broke my wind guiding wing"......or "I broke my mud guard?"

What on earth did I just read in that advert'......and written by adults?

Someone please tell me for the sake of mankind that it's photoshopped and a joke ( as I can't even be bothered to look it up )

:whistle:

Will It Buff Out?
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

WIBO wrote:
Nigel wrote:
WIBO wrote:
Crossrutted wrote:let's face facts, it's a heavy road bike being sold as an off road bike.

Nobody would be surprised if a Hardly Rideable or Pan European failed under that use, why be surprised about the GS?

I concur
bmw.jpg

Someone please tell me for the sake of mankind that it's photoshopped and a joke ( as I can't even be bothered to look it up )

No gigery pokery here :laugh: taken directly from BMW website to point out how it's advertised
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

Nigel wrote:
WIBO wrote:
Nigel wrote:
WIBO wrote:

I concur
bmw.jpg

No gigery pokery here :laugh: taken directly from BMW website to point out how it's advertised

Really?

FFS....

Skynet has started to take control already :) ....we need a cure ...we need to send a reality tablet to those in corporate positions and in advertising.......whilst we're at it a big f+ck off table too.

( I suppose it could be construed as half our fault as riders, for not emailing manufacturers when we see such tripe in their new adverts and telling them as such........and that we'd make a point of never buying their product when faced with such idiocracy.....if their adverts speak daft then their products must do too )

I lament.

:laugh:

Will It Buff Out?
rodyorkabr

Post by rodyorkabr »

WIBO wrote:
daytona-supersport wrote:
threepot wrote:There is still a lot of uncertainty what caused Kevin Ash's crash? This?
Quite worrying if you own one I would think?
18342242_790796547746342_7168051525639367098_n.jpg
This photo was floating around a few weeks ago
Of course he crashed, anybody would crash riding a bike with the wheels so badly out of line. Does nobody ever check wheel alignment these days. :whistle:

Coffee......keyboard....

He has the wrong tyres fitted, they should be TKC 80's for the best look.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I think we need to stay on topic here...
...what are your thoughts on his stubble?
..for me it's sooo yesterday..and the wind deflectors covering his levers (brake/clutch)- there is a warranty void issue there straight away..you can't be 1/2 in a club.
Philiptigerrice

Post by Philiptigerrice »

Service Campaign R 1200 GS and R 1200 GS Adventure
As part of a service campaign, BMW Motorrad is checking the fixed fork tubes of the front forks on motorcycles of the R 1200 GS and R 1200 GS Adventure models for the production period November 2013 - June 2017.

BMW Motorrad has determined during ongoing field observations that the fixed fork tube of the specified models can suffer preliminary damage due to unusual incidents with momentary high stress without the user noticing the damage, e.g. through changed drivability. Such high stress can be caused e.g. when driving over an obstacle, during a fall or when driving through deep potholes with unvarying speed. Preliminary damage to the front wheel rim is also not unusual in such cases, but need not be necessarily present. Potential preliminary damage to the fixed fork tube manifests itself through a gap between the pipe and the pressed in top seal plugs. For the check, the rubber grommet mounted in this position must be pushed down.
BMW Motorrad has therefore decided to check the above-mentioned vehicles and repair them if required. The owners of the affected motorcycles will be informed by BMW Motorrad. The service campaign is free of charge for customers.
Best regards,
BMW Motorrad Team
Greater Manchester
R1200 GS Adv ('08)
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

does that mean they are not going to charge you for the campaign just the repairs :whistle:
cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

Philiptigerrice wrote:Service Campaign R 1200 GS and R 1200 GS Adventure

As part of a service campaign, BMW Motorrad is checking the fixed fork tubes of the front forks on motorcycles of the R 1200 GS and R 1200 GS Adventure models for the production period November 2013 - June 2017.

BMW Motorrad has determined during ongoing field observations that the fixed fork tube of the specified models can suffer preliminary damage due to unusual incidents with momentary high stress without the user noticing the damage, e.g. through changed drivability. Such high stress can be caused e.g. when driving over an obstacle, during a fall or when driving through deep potholes with unvarying speed. Preliminary damage to the front wheel rim is also not unusual in such cases, but need not be necessarily present. Potential preliminary damage to the fixed fork tube manifests itself through a gap between the pipe and the pressed in top seal plugs. For the check, the rubber grommet mounted in this position must be pushed down.

BMW Motorrad has therefore decided to check the above-mentioned vehicles and repair them if required. The owners of the affected motorcycles will be informed by BMW Motorrad. The service campaign is free of charge for customers.

Best regards,
BMW Motorrad Team

Should there be a hyphen in 'above-mentioned' ? I'm all in a tizzy now.

Will It Buff Out?
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

rodyorkabr wrote:
WIBO wrote:
daytona-supersport wrote:
threepot wrote:There is still a lot of uncertainty what caused Kevin Ash's crash? This?
Quite worrying if you own one I would think?
18342242_790796547746342_7168051525639367098_n.jpg
This photo was floating around a few weeks ago
Of course he crashed, anybody would crash riding a bike with the wheels so badly out of line. Does nobody ever check wheel alignment these days. :whistle:

Coffee......keyboard....

He has the wrong tyres fitted, they should be TKC 80's for the best look.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I think we need to stay on topic here...
...what are your thoughts on his stubble?
..for me it's sooo yesterday..and the wind deflectors covering his levers (brake/clutch)- there is a warranty void issue there straight away..you can't be 1/2 in a club.

Yes....a valid point.

I can also see a warranty void claim reference the " Air Flow Universal Catchment Kit; Induction Type" system "....commonly referred to A FUCKIT........the glue from the sticker is not of the correct type.

Will It Buff Out?
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

just checked the facebook page ...it seems to me bmw could smell a big shitstorm coming their way

power of social media seems to work sometimes :side:

THANK YOU....

I would like to thank everyone that supported this cause. I feel because of your voices, likes, reposts, email and phone calls we got BMW to move and fix the BMW GS 1200 Stanchion Separation Issue. As you may, or may not know, this was a problem were the forks on a 2013- 2017 GS or GSA could separate at the top of the fork tube. There have been many reports of this and many photos of the outcomes. While not every bike has been effected as you can read in the BMW press releases and services notices they know it is not just off-road hard riding that causes the problem. They also recognize that many people may not even know they have the issue as they may not look under the rubber sleeves that cover the area where the problem occurs.

So again than you all and thank you BMW for stepping up and recognizing the issue before more people are injured.
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map

Return to “BIKES”