MT07 scrambler/offroader

The Things We Ride
flipflopdog

MT07 scrambler/offroader

Post by flipflopdog »

25_01_2016_Rob_Chappell_Customs_Yamaha_MT07_FZ07_Scrambler_Motorcycle_Experience_Hindel_Pipeburn_01.jpg
25_01_2016_Rob_Chappell_Customs_Yamaha_MT07_FZ07_Scrambler_Motorcycle_Experience_Hindel_Pipeburn_01.jpg (76.96 KiB) Viewed 2907 times
We have an engine, swingarm, electrics and all manner of bits to start a build and I really fancy doing it..!! I want a more offroad functional bike though without loosing too much 'Steve McQueen' if you know what I mean...!!!! It will also have to double as a travel bike when asked, an almost impossible brief I think but just do-able..!!
V_King

Re: MT07 scrambler/offroader

Post by V_King »

looks good, but that all it is, a marketing/bling exercise, not offroader of scrambler. cast wheels, none existing suspension travel, no protection to the _wet_ sump, road bike riding position....
After riding the KTM 1090r I am really confused where all this "adventure sports touring with full on road handling but want to look like enduro bike look like ready to conquer Everest" market going. Will it just evolve like the SUV have evolved into the big fat road cars on two wheels :dry:
""
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

IMG_4664.JPG
IMG_4664.JPG (98.38 KiB) Viewed 2907 times
I want that exhaust....
flipflopdog

Post by flipflopdog »

Gedge wrote:
IMG_4664.JPG
I want that exhaust....
This your bike Gedge..?? What's it like on the road ??

V-King.... Not my bike just an example, I love the engines on these, so compact just begging for custom tubes...!!!
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

The MT07 and the XSR700 are great bikes, i've rode both of them.... But scramblers they aint by any stretch of the imagination. The best you can do is mod them to look good and unique as customised street bikes with a nod to scram looks.
For a real scrambler.... Its the Ducati Desert Sled.
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

Why do they call these posing bikes "Scramblers"? they are nothing of the sort, it's like that namby pamby girly music they now ridiculously call R&B, it's not.

Stop it, it's silly!
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

flipflopdog wrote:
Gedge wrote:
IMG_4664.JPG
I want that exhaust....
This your bike Gedge..?? What's it like on the road ??

V-King.... Not my bike just an example, I love the engines on these, so compact just begging for custom tubes...!!!
They are a really nice ride ...good balance of low(ish) weight, and power ( 72bhp) ..handling is good although the budget suspension is noticeable on poor surfaces...I changed the standard bars for a more comfortable position for me ( and the KTM bars look more scrambler than the standard bars ) ..it handles smooth gravel without much drama and will soon have MT60rs tyres fitted....its not really an off roader of a scrambler although it wouldnt take much effort to make capable of doing more challenging gravel...at almost half the price of the Desert Sled, its a bit of a gem..worst thing is I am struggling to make any luggage fit sensibly ...
flipflopdog

Post by flipflopdog »

I think folks have missed my first sentence in the OP...!!!
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

flipflopdog wrote:I think folks have missed my first sentence in the OP...!!!
I get you now.... thought you were talking about the bike in the pic. Sounds good, i'll be interested to see what you do.
How have you got these parts.... from an MT07 that was wrote off was it ?

Return to “BIKES”