Another part of the East Kirkby Aviation centre bike night.

Had a GREAT service or buying experience with a vendor then post it up here.
yoda

Another part of the East Kirkby Aviation centre bike night.

Post by yoda »

Wednesday after work I rode out to the bike night at the East Kirkby Aviation centre museum to meet up with my wife who was working there on one of those all to rare glorious summer evenings. As expected the place was packed and what a great atmosphere. They ran the Lancaster up for taxi runs and had a flypast by a Hurricane then a Spitfire, what a sound from these iconic British machines. The museum buildings and hangers were open to all, some of the aircraft wreckage and parts have the records of the people that flew them and this adds to a real sense of connection to events. The people that run this small museum have done a great job with it.
Recent terrorist events in the UK made me think hard about how lucky I am to be able to do this so freely and the price that so many have paid and continue to pay for the privilege of this fairly free and open society that I am part of. I had a walk round away from the main displays to read some of the small remembrance signs at the bases of planted trees, then in the small memorial garden behind a building next to the control tower full of plaques in remembrance to many more that have passed. As my own father is nearly 91 and his health is now so frail I am very grateful he is still here and I guess there are some debts that we can never fully repay.
Chaos is the only camouflage that incompetence needs to operate at full capacity.

I dunno where that road goes, might as well go take a look anyway there's no where else i need to be right now.
yoda

Re: Another part of the East Kirkby Aviation centre bike night.

Post by yoda »

DSCF7520.JPG
DSCF7520.JPG (38.06 KiB) Viewed 7695 times
Chaos is the only camouflage that incompetence needs to operate at full capacity.

I dunno where that road goes, might as well go take a look anyway there's no where else i need to be right now.
yoda

Post by yoda »

DSCF7521.JPG
DSCF7521.JPG (53.94 KiB) Viewed 7695 times

yoda

Post by yoda »

DSCF7523.JPG
DSCF7523.JPG (46.12 KiB) Viewed 7695 times

yoda

Post by yoda »

DSCF7488.JPG
DSCF7488.JPG (56.01 KiB) Viewed 7695 times

yoda

Post by yoda »

DSCF7489.JPG
DSCF7489.JPG (54.36 KiB) Viewed 7695 times

WIBO

Post by WIBO »

Good stuff..thanks for posting. (thumbs)
:)
Will It Buff Out?

Return to “HEROES”