GORETEX STAND BY THEIR CLAIM.

Does my ass look big in these?
aboynamedsue

GORETEX STAND BY THEIR CLAIM.

Post by aboynamedsue »

"If you are not completely satisfied with the waterproofness, windproofness or breathability of your GORE-TEX® product then we will repair it, replace it, or refund your purchase price."
That is the Goretex promise on their website and I bet there are a lot of people here who don't know that. Let me tell you of my recent experience.
I bought a pair of Hein Gericke Ralleye 111 Goretex boots in 2012 for £220 reduced by 20% due to the Belfast store closing down. I've worn them faithfully ever since all around Europe in all weathers, I've even paddled in Venice wearing them (pic attached) and have never had as much as a drop of water touch my socks until last Sunday, I got home from a very wet ride and I'd known from the rain started my left foot was "ringing"
Boots are in good order no holes or damage, well worn sole but not worn through, so I decided to let Goretex know about this on Monday night via email, Tuesday morning, first thing I had a reply apoligising and asked to post a few pics of the boots, front back and sole, so I did this Tuesday night when I got home, first thing Wednesday morning I had another email apology telling me that they will replace my boots but they can't get those particular ones any longer because HG is no longer a Goretex partner, so I was told to have a look around ofr a suitable similar pair. I did so and emailed them a couple of pairs I fancied and they even suggested which ones as they were the closest to mine. They emailed me a postage label for my boots to be sent to Germany, no doubt for investigation and they are sending me a brand spanking new pair of boots.
https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/?O ... oCykvw_wcB
Now that is what I call putting your money where your mouth is and backing up your big claims. Goretex is expensive but it is worth it.
Fantastic service, done and dusted in 3 days.
Attachments
DSCF0609.JPG
DSCF0609.JPG (78.61 KiB) Viewed 3242 times
Mike54

Re: GORETEX STAND BY THEIR CLAIM.

Post by Mike54 »

hence the reason goretex garments are so much more expensive than others
Old Git Ray

Post by Old Git Ray »

Wow.
I wonder if they would honour my Klim jacket that has just started leaking after 4 years and 40k miles ???
aboynamedsue

Post by aboynamedsue »

Mileage or age is not an issue, if your Goretex product is in good condition ie. no rips, tears or damage and has started leaking, they will replace , repair or refund totally free of charge.
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

Old Git Ray wrote:Wow.

I wonder if they would honour my Klim jacket that has just started leaking after 4 years and 40k miles ???
Klim has a life of garmet guarantee anyway backed by goretex so just go back to the retailer you bought the jacket from, dont go to goretex
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

like mike said, that why so so expensive, you get what you pay for
steve
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

This is why in previous posts I have stated that bike clothing with Goretex are great value for money.
Forget cheap and expensive. Value for money. If you don't get it, read the opening post again.
geoham

Post by geoham »

Great to hear your getting sorted with new boots.
A big thumbs up for Gore-tex for standing over thier products (thumbs)
clutchspring

Post by clutchspring »

I Always buy goretex kit it's worth every penny, it's just a waste of money buying cheap kit ,
Even if you can't afford it there's loads of retailers that do zero % finance .
I still have a Goretex jackets that's over fifteen years old and has been used most days of that time and its still waterproof.
Ian.
Teflon Jnr

Post by Teflon Jnr »

I have those sidi adventure boots amazing piece of kit
Jesus rides a Harley and the devil wears prada

🇩🇪 🇧🇪 🇬🇧 🇮🇪 🇫🇷 🇮🇲 🇱🇺

Return to “CLOTHING”