Indicating

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Andi_Archer

Re: Indicating

Post by Andi_Archer »

You can tell who in front is driving too close the brake lights are on and off like a feckin Christmas Tree.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Yes it's annoying but I'm sure we all do something wrong occasionally.
On the positive side if we've all seen it at least we don't get drawn in to making assumptions about a driver's intentions ....... which was lucky for the biker I saw on Friday who had left his indicator on, fortunately the car driver didn't pull out on him.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Beepee

Post by Beepee »

I'm a Mercedes driver ! A Sprinter. I regularly did 60k a year in the van plus mileage on my bike and in my car. I'm surprised my indicator stick hasn't fallen off. I suppose thats quality build for you. Yesterday I'm on the bike, nice quick road leading to a big usually quiet knee down type roundabout, whats this guy braking back here for ( New Volvo 4x4 thingy). Then he just stops and pulls up onto the grass ffs! Now I'm at the roundabout 5th gear 4th, 3rd, 2nd and stop. Then the van casually goes from the middle of the road and takes first left, meaning I didnt actually need to stop. 2 in 2mins ! I shouted at him and he swerved with fright lol
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

What about those impatient fuck-wits in lane two of a three lane motorway that just stick on their right hand indicator as a line of cars are overtaking them without waiting for a safe gap first?
"I'm coming out buddy, I've got my indicator on so I've got right of way"
vRSG60

Post by vRSG60 »

SteveW wrote:What about those impatient fuck-wits in lane two of a three lane motorway that just stick on their right hand indicator as a line of cars are overtaking them without waiting for a safe gap first?
"I'm coming out buddy, I've got my indicator on so I've got right of way"
Probably the same drivers who think it's their God given right to just pull off the slip road onto the motorway without a thought of giving way.
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

Think it's bad here?
I've just come back from a week in Menorca. In a week with a hire cra not once did I see any indicators used on the whole island.
Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
yoda

Post by yoda »

might work better for some people if they could get an indicator app for their phone/tablet they might notice it on there while they're driving then :whistle:
Chaos is the only camouflage that incompetence needs to operate at full capacity.

I dunno where that road goes, might as well go take a look anyway there's no where else i need to be right now.
HarveyCamm

Post by HarveyCamm »

Must be something wrong with my indicators - they only work half of the time :woohoo:
I'll just go now :whistle:
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

Yes but they are twice as bright to make up for it (thumbs)
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Decco wrote:I had a ROSPA evaluation a few weeks ago van driving.

Seriously the biggest waste of time ever!

The indicating when I didn't have to cropped up! WTF are these people trying to tech, it, does no harm to do so and covers your base if you have missed someone who will benefit from seeing your indication, ROSPA should get a grip IMPO.

The assessor picked up on my road positioning and asked if I was a biker, this was all good apparently.

I found the whole 4 hours a real waste of my time, we got back to work and she asked me if I had learnt anything from our drive.
The instructor was basically telling me to play silly games on the motorway, if you want more detail I'll provide it, but she was saying I should be tapping my brakes to get the car behind to slow down to control the space behind me, in the outside lane sorry no!, propper fuckwittery if you ask me.

Any ROPSPA members on here want to defend that?

After that assessment ROSPA can keep themselves to themselves, I've been driving plenty of years now without incident and their advise will get you into bother or the victim of a road rage attack. Follow their advice to the letter at your own risk , just wear a camera to !

The Safe and Efficient Driving (SAFED) they teach truck drivers now is a joke: Don't use the gearbox to slow down, use the brakes...which works on a test vehicle but as the driver of the tipper lorry which crashed in Bath a few years ago now knows, is a really stupid technique is you are loaded.

"Gears to go, brakes to slow"

Modern trucks are mostly fitted with a variety of secondary braking systems including exhaust brakes, engine brakes and transmission retarders....but according to SAFED, you shouldn't use any of these...

Return to “THE PUB”