CB500X

The Things We Ride
newm_p

CB500X

Post by newm_p »

My new steed (well, from this coming Friday when it's delivered) Looking forward to some easy riding on this lightweight and being able to on and off without struggling to et the bugger upright and being able to get my feet flat on the floor!

UPDATE

Had my 1st run out with it.

Firstly, I had the Dunlops changed to PR4s before they brought it over. What a difference! I took it easy for about 10 miles, but they were so good I was leaning much further than I ever would've on the GS, so top marks there.

Engine feels a bit tight at the moment, but still pulls nicely enough. A nice bit of A road, B road & motorway (well, 62 miles) and back home as it had started to get a bit cold. Not a bad start I think.

Daily commute tomorrow ... and down to Devon next week. That should get me up to the 1st service just in time for my oiler and luggage to be available for fitting!
Attachments
IMG_0274.JPG
IMG_0274.JPG (49.73 KiB) Viewed 5343 times
IMG_0275.JPG
IMG_0275.JPG (126.57 KiB) Viewed 5343 times
James_Death

Re: CB500X

Post by James_Death »

Congrats,,, nice looker she is.
Enjoy...
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

enjoy and let us know how you get on (thumbs)
cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Grahamkevinbutler

Post by Grahamkevinbutler »

The wife has a 15 plate in white, she loves hers, we did the nc500 and a total of 1200 mile trip with no issues,
When I rode it I thought it could do with loosing two teeth of the rear sprocket but my wife thought it was ok, when we got home after the trip she said she seemed to look for another gear when she was in top gear, I didn't want to say I told you so,
I've just changed the rear sprocket so let's see how that is,
You can get a gear indicator so you can see what gear you are in, it plugs direct into a connector under the seat.
I've got a set of Honda luggage and racks for sale if interested
Har65

Post by Har65 »

Great bike had mine a couple of weeks
COG pretty low so great for my knackered hips
Enough grunt to get you a in to & out of trouble
Enjoy ;-)
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

Nice looking bike,hope you enjoy owning it :)
videoman

Post by videoman »

I keep looking at them and really need to get a test ride to see what they are like.
newm_p

Post by newm_p »

From what I've seen changing the front sprocket to a 16 tooth is the way forward ... makes speedo read correctly as well!
newm_p

Post by newm_p »

videoman wrote:I keep looking at them and really need to get a test ride to see what they are like.
I was amazed how good it is over the space of 2 separate test rides ... within reason of course. It is so light. Gets away from the lights OK, kept up with traffic on the A34 & M40, narrow (without panniers on of course) so excellent at filtering. Not a brilliant top end, but sufficient. I will be changing the front sprocket to a 16 tooth one to make cruising slightly more pleasant.
BIG BILL

Post by BIG BILL »

(thumbs) (thumbs)
Enjoy your new ride.
Ride Safe
BB
Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and meet the Bl**dy thing ( Barry Sheene )
Your along time dead..

Return to “BIKES”