Fueling problems. Cutting out

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
legoman

Re: Fueling problems. Cutting out

Post by legoman »

Well looked everywhere for a answer the this puzzle. Think I've found it. Many threads on many forums including this forum. Looks like the fuel pump doesn't like warm weather( wtf) need to replace it with a bosch 0580 454 094-7ZB. Well Moor fooking money so I can go out and play but all worth it in the end... Cos maybe of to Spain at the end of June. My friend wants to visit the deserts down there.so it's going to be hot n don't want to be cutting out all the time... Any thoughts on which deserts to do n what to see. Tar
tuggy

Post by tuggy »

Mate put an iridium plug in his 650 & it cut out every time he slowed for passing places. Put the original plug back in & she ran as sweet as a nut.
dubber68

Post by dubber68 »

Pete if you remember it did it when we were on our way back from Spain the other year as well and it was dam hot that day.
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Yamaha XT1200Z, Sertao, Herald 250, Xcountry & Vanvan

[IMG]http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj4 ... POINTS.jpg[/IMG
rodrigoscs

Post by rodrigoscs »

tuggy wrote:Mate put an iridium plug in his 650 & it cut out every time he slowed for passing places. Put the original plug back in & she ran as sweet as a nut.
With me was quite the opposite! Changed the original for iridium and never had a problem again! (thumbs)
legoman

Post by legoman »

Ya I thought that dub after reading some of the replies. Sat at the side off the road with the seat off sweating swearing vowing never to take my bike out the country again. (why me why me) . I was low on fuel n that's what it was. A fooking fuel pump. cos it never happened again in cold blighty. Well it is hard to diagnose in our climate cold wet cold. n then one good heat wave and all becomes clear. Thank you interweb
legoman

Post by legoman »

I've got some iridium plugs to put in next. Now stop it cos I'm getting worried. Fuck it I'm getting a train ticket n a push bike n goin round Europe the easy way. Shame really cos me bike looks fooking mint aswell

Return to “TECHNICAL”