Scotland and Isle of Skye

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Boudica

Scotland and Isle of Skye

Post by Boudica »

One week and we are on the road., finally my dream comes true :)
My other half and my self will spend three weeks on the road, camping all the way.
The last stop, before we will head back home, it will be at Squires Cafe.
My other half rides Honda Transalp 700 and and myself on my Kawasaki Vulcan S 650, both with ABR stickers.
The route isn't accurate in these pictures but we estimated 2000-2500 miles. Hate technology still in love with the holly paper maps, getting old isn't fun ha ha
Give us a wave if you see us :)
IMG_4433.JPG
IMG_4433.JPG (52.11 KiB) Viewed 2317 times
IMG_4434.JPG
IMG_4434.JPG (48.24 KiB) Viewed 2317 times
SteveR

Re: Scotland and Isle of Skye

Post by SteveR »

Enjoy the trip,guys (thumbs)
FAT MATT

Post by FAT MATT »

Good luck on your travels. If I could give any advice it'd be not to bother with east coast Scotland and Aberdeen but go West to Applecross, Gairloch, Ullapool, Durness and Tongue.
I hope to be back up there the week of 19th.
Boudica

Post by Boudica »

Thank you FatMatt!
As I said, the map isn't accurate. We are going to Stonehaven, actually to Dunnottar Castle. From there we go down in the mountains heading up to Lossiemouth.
On the 19hj we might be down to Ayr or Lake District.
tefflon

Post by tefflon »

Have a great trip

But as fat Matt said miss the east coast there is more than enough to see on the west coast there is a great campsite ⛺️ at ullerpool with stunning sights

IMG_0805.JPG
IMG_0805.JPG (55.64 KiB) Viewed 2317 times
IMG_0804.JPG
IMG_0804.JPG (46.95 KiB) Viewed 2317 times
RandG

Post by RandG »

You must go up to the Quiraing on Skye, I was there the other week, stunning place..

Boudica

Post by Boudica »

Thank you RandG!
We haven't decided where we will ride on Skye, we will decide on the day we will head there. Appreciate any recommendations :)
Boudica

Post by Boudica »

Beautiful, cannot wait :)
Nice pictures!
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

I did a Scotland trip like that last year. It was maybe my favourite ride yet. Have fun :)
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
Spadger

Post by Spadger »

Looking at your map your going thru Glenshee ski resort , superb road , some of the east coast is the best kept secret because everyone believes it's got to be Skye and applecross , go up there loads doing a big round , over a long weekend, fortunate as I live in Durham, the north east coast of England has a few gems as has the east coast of Scotland
North Berwick , not to be confused with Berwick is a nice town , any of the border roads are good fun , Coldstream / Kelso Hawick st Mary's loch , enjoy your trip watch out for gravel on the glenshee road . Think about from glenshee , Inverness then up toward Lairg , loch loyal toward Armadale ,then turn left toward Durness Ullapool , Skye midgies , check out the Stein inn , sligachan pub , and camp site at Glen brittle t Speed camera s on east side and coppers hiding on the west normally around rannoch moor / green welly , an interesting stop on way back is the old pub near ardluie ( drovers inn , inverannon ) and Selkirk wheel , if you go to Ayr the road back toward England is a haunt of traffic police

Return to “TRAVEL”