Bulgaria and back on a WR250R to join the ABC/BBS crew

Where you've been and what you done
catcitrus

Re: Bulgaria and back on a WR250R to join the ABC/BBS crew

Post by catcitrus »

Thanks for the kind words--it really didn't seem that hard or anything--probably because I was "lucky" in not having any real bike problems---being well prepped helps I'm sure. I even carried the workshop manual on CD and the Yamaha can display all the fault codes etc on the dash--you don't need to plug it in to anything--it will cycle the cooling fan, headlight, check TPS output, atmospheric pressure sensor, temp. senders and so on--its pretty comprehensive--but a crib sheet IS required. Its quality engineered with a 26k valve check interval so is designed to spin along for a while. I started with a new Yuasa battery and run LED bulbs so the battery is always topped up (but I did carry a Li starter pack, 12v dremel thing , multimeter, spare chain links, epoxy two pack, medical kit, oil, big tyre levers, spare tube, tyre pumps--manual and electric, CO2 cylinders as well--anything to get you off a main road quickly--its a long list--but with careful packing not a problem).I also carried cooking stuff as well as all the camping gear. Those ATV tank saddle bags make a big difference for all the "trinkets" and protect your knees--and the bike when it goes down.
Famous

Post by Famous »

Nice one Chris
Keep up the good work
We'll be waiting for the next trip (thumbs)
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Thanks for taking the time to write this up. And also thanks for the top tip about doing your tent up, I'll try and remember that. The amount of dogs in Greece is astonishing!
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
klr.it

Post by klr.it »

Really enjoyed this ride report, inspirational. It's certainly cheered my night up sitting here staring out of the truck windscreen in the pouring rain, thanks
gazz

Post by gazz »

Really pleased it went well for you this time, after the injury* last year and the miserable company* you endured in years before that.
Great write up.
(just for clarity, both on non-ABR events!)
roberteagle6

Post by roberteagle6 »

Hi Chris, entertaining read and obviously a very enjoyable trip. I usually hotel it, but having read your report I may give camping a go - I usually take a tent but only for 2/3 day stops, I probably need to be a bit better organised.
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

A decent 3 man in ripstop (packs small and dries quickly), a quality down 3 season bag and mattress(Downmat-and also pack small) and you can get the tent up quickly and chuck all the gear in. One thing I forgot--and it would have helped--was a collapsible brolley--and Englishman should never leave home without it!--and of course you can hotel on the odd day if you wish---if you have something in mind and don't want to solo then please let me know.

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”