EDC On/Off Road, Jaca,Arguis,Huesca (Aragon) Spain: Free trails to download.

Where you've been and what you done
Passing Phase

Re: EDC On/Off Road, Jaca,Arguis,Huesca (Aragon) Spain: Free trails to download.

Post by Passing Phase »

Great ride report.do you think that the routes you traveled can be done with Land Rover Defender as we are off down too that area next month
Paul-S

Re: EDC On/Off Road, Jaca,Arguis,Huesca (Aragon) Spain: Free trails to download.

Post by Paul-S »

djskinner wrote:Thanks for the detailed write up, advice and reference data. It looks incredible. I'll be including these routes on my Spanish trans-Pyrenees trip this September. Those zig-zag climbs sound like they'd be pretty challenging on the GS.

/quote]

We did it on a fully loaded Africa Twin and a fully loaded KTM Adventure

403410_366212120094041_1270898002_n.jpg
403410_366212120094041_1270898002_n.jpg (73.75 KiB) Viewed 2387 times
djskinner

Post by djskinner »

Cheers Paul, that's good to know (thumbs)
Paul-S

Post by Paul-S »

djskinner wrote:Cheers Paul, that's good to know (thumbs)
Here's a link to the report I did when we went. Most of the pictures start on page 3

https://www.adventurebikerider.com/foru ... -2012.html
djskinner

Post by djskinner »

I found that thread about 15 minutes ago and was just coming to post here to say I'd seen it. Can't wait till September now. Was originally thinking of spending some time in Barcelona maybe do a Spanish course but I think a changes of plans to include Bardenas Reales is in order now.
Paul-S

Post by Paul-S »

Passing Phase wrote:Great ride report.do you think that the routes you traveled can be done with Land Rover Defender as we are off down too that area next month
I'd say yes, check out the ride report and pictures. 4x4s feature a lot in the Vibraction Roadbooks

4x4s had chewed up some of the exits from river crossings and this made it harder for us on bikes to get out but we managed
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Paul-S wrote:
Passing Phase wrote:Great ride report.do you think that the routes you traveled can be done with Land Rover Defender as we are off down too that area next month
I'd say yes, check out the ride report and pictures. 4x4s feature a lot in the Vibraction Roadbooks

4x4s had chewed up some of the exits from river crossings and this made it harder for us on bikes to get out but we managed
The RB5 route are getting more and more congested with each year that passes. We see dozens of groups of 4x4 drivers all season long when we're based at La Pobla de Segur.

I've been working - along wish dozens of others! - with John Ross on the TET project. One of the issues is trails becoming too well known. I don't really know answer but for me the best bit is exploring my own routes and trails - there are thousands after all! - and I do g¡feel some sympathy for the Vibractions folks who have spend thousands - as indeed have I! - on research only to have it all plagiarised ...

But that's my rant. A few years a friend drove the RB 5 with a Wranger Jeep - I'll stick to my Niva as it goes everywhere!!! (thumbs) (thumbs) (thumbs)

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

I too have a Defender.....and yes they can be driven on the trails we explored. On some of the routes you'll see signs giving directions for 4x4's.

(The route though at Arguis,instead of heading to the dam there's plenty of trails to take you away from there and on to Arguis)

Enjoy your trip.

:)
Will It Buff Out?
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

djskinner wrote:Thanks for the detailed write up, advice and reference data. It looks incredible. I'll be including these routes on my Spanish trans-Pyrenees trip this September. Those zig-zag climbs sound like they'd be pretty challenging on the GS.

Do you have any advice on wild camping in the region? I know the rules in Spain vary from region to region but it seems to be generally discouraged so I was interested to see your choice of camp site by the side of the road.
We threw the tents up at parking at a viewpoint at a dead end road. Normally we come off the beaten trail, a trail off a trail ...off a trail....well out of the way...anything....an abandoned farmhouse over grown garden....farmers field...or cheap camping. Rubbish is obviously taken with us when up early and away.

Will It Buff Out?
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

Explored and open public trails to ride, share and download at your leisure, if you so desire.
Day 1
https://www.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/view.do?id=17826164
Day 2
https://www.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/view.do?id=17826179
Enjoy your riding.
Will It Buff Out?

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”