Shocking problem...

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
SteveR

Re: Shocking problem...

Post by SteveR »

Thanks Bojer, I suggested he find the Honda part number and see if the same shock was used elsewhere by Honda, but no joy as far as I know..
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Sam has been getting conflicting info on whether the shock can be rebuilt or not... I'll suggest he calls Revs and ask the question. ;) I am pretty sure it can be rebuilt, it's whether it's an easy job or not...
trophydave

Post by trophydave »

Revs rebuilt the supposedly un rebuildable rear shock on my VFR750 a few years ago.Give them a ring,they might be able to do it.
Chris TeeDeeEmm

Post by Chris TeeDeeEmm »

SteveR wrote:Thanks Bojer, I suggested he find the Honda part number and see if the same shock was used elsewhere by Honda, but no joy as far as I know..
Hi Steve, had a dig around and it appears the shock is specific (only checked by part number) to 2001, 02 & 03 125 varaderos. Assuming your talking about one that early. The cross reference goes across the Honda range as far as I know.

I had a quick Google...... http://www.brooksuspension.co.uk/showa- ... rvice.html
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Just catching up after being away... Thank you Chris. I had a feeling that it was some weird "one-off" on the baby Vara, I probably saw it on the XRV forum some time ago. :)

He had two options, a rebuild, or a new shock. However, some chap has made him an excellent offer over the weekend for the bike I believe, and from what I can understand, it was with shock "as is". I suspect he will take it... He was going to trade up in June once/if he gets his full test so it has made the decision a bit sooner for him.

Thanks for all the advice and ideas chaps, I hope he doesn't regret the early sale, but at least it means I wont have to fettle it (thumbs)

Return to “TECHNICAL”