Green lanes round Pontypridd

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
garyboy

Re: Green lanes round Pontypridd

Post by garyboy »

just two weeks ago that part was cleared, presumably by the 4x4 gang, but the rest was still there. There were police, 4x4, and bikers there and they were pulling the very large boulders the farmer had put there. I wonder if the council is aware that this is a new blockage?

it seems the farmer (whoever he is) is really going for it!!
I still can't understand how the council can soft peddle on environmental issues? .. farmyard effluent (shit) and now (rotting) animal carcasses ? (The blockages I can almost understand, and are mostly passible by bike anyway.)

Mind .. I have dealt with AM's, Police, Environmental dept, etc .. and no longer have any faith in any of them. I don't even complain anymore .. and that, of course, is their plan.

Still .. as this has been going on for quite a few years now (with people complaining), and there is past form on it, perhaps this is the end of the beginning?
WelshGar

Post by WelshGar »

https://ossjay.wordpress.com/2017/04/24 ... glwysilan/

This was only a few weeks ago. I'm sure all the authorities were involved. Looks like the same spot!
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

great link, WelshGar .. thanks for that .. shame that local bike organisations are not aware of these things, or will not act, or will not share the news .. good luck to Bonkers 4x4 .. I hate the mass they leave, but they seem to be the only ones that can organise to get things done!

as for the Police attending .. they were there, it seems, to control the protestors and because they had a legal duty to attend, it seems. They were there to protect the rights of the criminal .. no .. its not being cynical or facetious, its a simple fact of how south wales police work!!

because these authorities attended on that day of `protest` does not mean they are becoming involved with the issue?
fozzy17

Post by fozzy17 »

the byway in question
fozzy17

Post by fozzy17 »

a clearer view
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

it seems events are getting interesting now .. a scarecrow has been placed near there with a real ram's head on top and real ram's bolloxes nailed below.
no idea who dun it. [there is a pic on vdsr site].
EarthWorm

Post by EarthWorm »

I reckon he is trying to provoke an escalation, so he can turn to his mates in the Silly Willy Club to bring prosecutions on whoever retaliates

What an orrible excuse for a human being
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”