Grahamkevinbutler

Re: Moroc bound

Post by Grahamkevinbutler »

Redmurty wrote:our hotel as we arrive in the dark

20170414_062555.jpg
sunrise and a start of an interesting day

20170414_070514.jpg
cheers Spud ;)
You stayed in the same hotel as we did next to the dunes, I was there two weeks before you spud, they had a power cut but food was nice, we also did the gorge in the dark doe, reading your story I also think I may have went with the wrong guys, it's best I say very little on that subject,
ross rider

Post by ross rider »

Well Mr Butler
I here your trip did not end well
Perhaps you now have more understanding on you get what you pay for.......
Spud has touched briefly on the help Tim & I gave to the guys who came with us
Checking guys bikes over when loaded on to van and noticing the WR & DR both needed new wheel bearings
Help fitting the bearings in Spain
Booking all hotels for the trip
Fitting new rear Tube
to WR in 40 degree heat in desert
Sorting the carb on DR
Removing an inner tubes that got tangled in chain guide on WR
Sorting fuel leek on 690 in middle of Meknes
Towing the WR when it broke down and arranging transport to Tan Med port
Towing DR and arranging transport to Tan Med port
Collecting DR in van from Spainish port
Advise on travel insurance which I believe would of help you 6k
As for the route your group used in Morocco this was the route that your leaded made a track log of when he came with us last year
Regards
Mark
Si
I will ask my man what he recommends
Grahamkevinbutler wrote:
Redmurty wrote:our hotel as we arrive in the dark

20170414_062555.jpg
sunrise and a start of an interesting day

20170414_070514.jpg
cheers Spud ;)
You stayed in the same hotel as we did next to the dunes, I was there two weeks before you spud, they had a power cut but food was nice, we also did the gorge in the dark doe, reading your story I also think I may have went with the wrong guys, it's best I say very little on that subject,
Grahamkevinbutler

apart from a damaged hand the trip went really well, even the end bit was still ok apart from riding 650km with my damaged hand, but then I do have a very high pain threshold,
Hospital operation was covered by private insurance
No ktm 690 or 650x just my Chinese 400 that got me round very well, can't say the same for my techno mousses, lasted about 1000 then clasped had to move over to inner tubes,,,,,lesson learned for next time.
image_2017-04-23.jpeg
image_2017-04-23.jpeg (38.2 KiB) Viewed 2411 times
It may be just me I'm not one for sitting on a back wheel I like to do my own thing but I kept an open mind on this trip, Mark done a great job in Morocco organising it was another member that had his own idea of having his holiday and didn't give a sh-- what others wanted to do,

You must have changed your ways if I remember you left some one behind when they had a puncher last year, I believe, well that's what he posted anyway, maybe that's why I decided to go with Mark.
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Both Mark and Tim personally know my personal feelings with regards to this whole trip, I am not going to comment on any other trip as I was not there, but to say this was my second trip with Mark and Tim and I would not hesitate to do another with them (thumbs) I know what lengths they went to to help people finish trips and or be gotten out of the country.

Overall I had a fantastic trip, one that will give me food for thought for a long time to come and would not have missed it for the world.

Mark and Tim you have my gratitude (thumbs)

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
PDiddy

Post by PDiddy »

Great write up Spud, Mark and Tim do a great Morocco trip and it sounds like to had a good one - (thumbs)
ross rider

Post by ross rider »

The guy who had the puncture in Iceland was very capable and changed his own front tube
Grahamkevinbutler wrote:apart from a damaged hand the trip went really well, even the end bit was still ok apart from riding 650km with my damaged hand, but then I do have a very high pain threshold,
Hospital operation was covered by private insurance
No ktm 690 or 650x just my Chinese 400 that got me round very well, can't say the same for my techno mousses, lasted about 1000 then clasped had to move over to inner tubes,,,,,lesson learned for next time.
image_2017-04-23.jpeg
It may be just me I'm not one for sitting on a back wheel I like to do my own thing but I kept an open mind on this trip, Mark done a great job in Morocco organising it was another member that had his own idea of having his holiday and didn't give a sh-- what others wanted to do,

You must have changed your ways if I remember you left some one behind when they had a puncher last year, I believe, well that's what he posted anyway, maybe that's why I decided to go with Mark.
ross rider

Post by ross rider »

PDiddy wrote:Great write up Spud, Mark and Tim do a great Morocco trip and it sounds like to had a good one - (thumbs)
Cheers Paul
Regards
Mark
Grahamkevinbutler

At the end of the day you are no ones baby sitter, and a two friends did say you do a good trip,
I did a few jobs for Mark in his house and I thought I would pay him back just to make the numbers up as he only had three bikes in the van,
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Great write up Spud, brought back memories of me catching up with Mrs S down in Tafraoute after s so called 'professional' guides pitched a base camp in a wadi and if it wasn't for Polly's diligence and that fact that all of the party were expecting to get up a and break camp at about 04.00 it could have been a genuine catastrophe ...

After that we had a great true weeks wandering around with a Renault 4, which had the great advantage that any Moroccan could fix it anywhere ...

Enjoy your euphoria! (thumbs)

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Paul-S

Post by Paul-S »

Great write up and pictures Spud. Hope you and the bike heal well

Mark and Tim. Respect

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”