A review of the CRF250 Rally.

The Things We Ride
halfpint

Re: A review of the CRF250 Rally.

Post by halfpint »

you must be the lucky one, but thats only 5 thousand miles . honda are just better built than the hand made ccm. all about money in the r&d department .
robson

Post by robson »

I just seen this rally wannabe today at local dealer and it was what I thought - regular crf250l covered with tons of oversize plastics which will brake in any drop or crash...
Also access to engine is not that simple anymore, "dual sport" bike with fairing...honda gone mental.

halfpint

Post by halfpint »

not at all they sell the plastics win for honda . you havent got to work on it just ride it

Post by 1304 »

Hi, Newbie here just took delivery of my CRF Rally and find it perfectly adequate for my needs, I've just got rid of my XR250 (green laning) and found adventure riding more rewarding (at 61 years of age) and less demanding. But new to this site so any help in getting the most from it would be appreciated.
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

theres at least three on here thats just bought one ..maby ill start a thread so we can share information
im loving mine ive been very surprised how well it goes on motorways and a roads
and the suspension works surprisingly well despite being painfully soft
but deffinatly addresses alot of the weaknesses on my old crf250l
my only real big problem is the bodywork ..ill be biting the bullet soon and getting to work with a dremmel to get rid of the lower plastics (thumbs)
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

minkyhead wrote:theres at least three on here thats just bought one ..maby ill start a thread so we can share information
im loving mine ive been very surprised how well it goes on motorways and a roads
and the suspension works surprisingly well despite being painfully soft
but deffinatly addresses alot of the weaknesses on my old crf250l
my only real big problem is the bodywork ..ill be biting the bullet soon and getting to work with a dremmel to get rid of the lower plastics (thumbs)
Please start a new thread, had a good look at one at a dealer yesterday and thought it was ok, would like to demo one
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
FERDINAND PICK

Post by FERDINAND PICK »

Just been on a 170 mile camping trip on mine. Throw overs worked well.

The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

Just got on the Ferry to Roscoff but wanted to share this mornings demo experience of the Rally 250. Not sure if it was because the sun was shining and my general demena was one of high spirits but within 20 mins of riding this bike I was smiling like it was my first legal day on the road riding my Gileta moped 40 years ago. The fit for me was instant, a 30 inside leg I was placed well and the seat height was just right although I tend to have bar risers and I would add them to this bike. Screen was a tad low too and I was purposely wearing an open face to get what protection the screen could offer but again a simple mod would sort that. I had been out on my 710 CCM on Saturday and riden it pretty hard so the power delivery took a further 20 minutes for me to get what this bike is all about . It's not arm wrenching, not going to get the adrenalin pumping but it's soooo smooth and coupled with the gearing gives you a confidence as if you were riding a much bigger bike, if that makes sense ? It's exceptionally well balanced and I managed half an hour on the inadequate tyres of some decent undulating ground high above Bridgend without ever feeling this bike was going to fail me. It's 157kg weight is masked by the ergonomics and the power delivery, never stalled, no surges, great engine breaking and with the ABS off I was happy and confident I was going to stop when and how I like. I love the instrumentation, love the switch gear but feel the bars and mirrors could be better and would immediately replace with decent set of foldable mirrors and alloy Renthalls. The only dislike for me is the lower cowl, I clipped the right hand side going through a gate and although it was a light touch I know it would be a problem were you to use the bike for trails, same can be said for the tail light assembly, why Honda have a big dangly affair that bounces about gathering shit is beyond me, but again tail tidy is a simple mod to make. After an hour and a half, I forgot I was riding a 250 and settled into the way this bike was meant to be, an effortless and enjoyable experience, and will there be one inky stable ?? I have yet to find the perfect trail/ adventure bike, but value for money this is pretty good at just over £5k and would happily fit in !!
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

robson wrote:I just seen this rally wannabe today at local dealer and it was what I thought - regular crf250l covered with tons of oversize plastics which will brake in any drop or crash...
Also access to engine is not that simple anymore, "dual sport" bike with fairing...honda gone mental.
Stop being a complete COCK..............just for 5 minutes
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

glad you liked it sarge ive knocked another 100 miles off today and even though i cant rev it above 7 im getting about pretty well ..cant go off road as i have a foot problem :(

started sorting stuff its easy to order for as the 250l stuff goes straight on

handlebars and risers sorted heated grips on too ,,green barkbusters :sick: c/f the klr ,,ive ordered some black plastics :laugh:

ImageDSC_0263 by minkyhead56, on Flickr[/img]

all this will go in such a way they can be neatly rejoined later ?

Imageaaaaa by minkyhead56, on Flickr[/img]

toolbox platic thing will be removed and pannier alloy suports off the rack someway

ImageDSC_0258 by minkyhead56, on Flickrr[/img]

new plate on its way ...

Imageskidplate-axp-enduro-honda-crf250l by minkyhead56, on Flickrrr[/img]

braaap
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map

Return to “BIKES”