Secure Motorcycle Parking In Newcastle City Centre.....??

Bikers and riding
flamair

Post by flamair »

Hi All

OK, a slightly odd request for info. this, but can anyone recommend a city centre car park in Newcastle Upon Tyne that would provide decent, secure overnight parking? Me and the O.H. are off to Toon on Easter Sunday, and the hotel we are in ( not my choice) hasn't any parking on site. Rather than taking the tin box, my O.H. would love to go on the bike! My concern though is security, and the bike takes precedence really. (don't tell her though!)

Can anyone local or with better knowledge of the city centre than I offer any suggestions? I do have a decent heavy chain and disc lock etc. Must be undercover and ideally somewhere with dedicated motorcycle bays with proper security (something solid to chain to!).

I deluded to hope some such facility exists in one of Blighty's cities?

As ever, all help gratefully received.

Ian
Remember, you're unique!

(Just like everyone else)
Northumbrian

Re: Secure Motorcycle Parking In Newcastle City Centre.....??

Post by Northumbrian »

What part of town are you staying? Will help me try to locate parking for you......
2919 CRF 250 Rally
2019 CRF 1000 Africa Twin
crofty

Post by crofty »

I did this recently in York and found a place on https://www.yourparkingspace.co.uk/ it was very secluded in the back of the house at 8 quid a day. It is becoming more and more popular and there are a few sites online, you can see location and a picture usually as well.
flamair

Post by flamair »

Northumbrian wrote:What part of town are you staying? Will help me try to locate parking for you......
Thanks for the replies/help chaps. We're staying in the city centre, close to Quayside and the Crown Plaza (not at the Crown Plaza!!)
Remember, you're unique!

Mikekitts81

Post by Mikekitts81 »

If your not using it everyday have you ever thought of a storage bin obviously it would have to be on ground floor but for a cheap as 5 pound a week at some places it's worth a look ..out of sight out of mind ...

Sent from my BBA100-2 using Tapatalk
All things built not bought . The only way is adventure .
Spadger

Post by Spadger »

Can't think of any covered / manned secure parking , there's your usual multi story cp's some have hoops but nothing special , I'll ring M@s on Monday and ask if they know of anything available , bike thefts not a major prob up here , but if it's yours going it is ! , I'd offer my garage but it's full of shite , and we are about 8 mls from town , your welcome to leave it on our drive tho if you really want to , speighty ,
Mr K

Post by Mr K »

As a local I would try to find the nearest manned 24hr multi-storey and ask if you can park beside the office ... maybe slip the guys some drink money.
flamair

Post by flamair »

Thanks for all your replies chaps!

I think we'll probably go with leaving the bike in a 24hr manned undercover car park, and ask about leaving it next to the office, assuming there is something to lock it to.

If the weather next weekend looks cold/wet, we'll be using the car in all probability anyway!

Any further tips still appreciated though, as currently the plan is to bike it!
Remember, you're unique!

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”