Polite or Un-Polite you choose

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
James_Death

Re: Polite or Un-Polite you choose

Post by James_Death »

With my youngest two bumbling around on 125cc i want them as visible as possible.

Just that brief second of what the, oh its just a little 125 the polite drew there eye and got my kids noticed

it don't matter what others think of them at least they are being though off and No..dint see you mate...
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

Whilst trying to be polite is it impolite to use unpolite?

:whistle:

:)

Will It Buff Out?
James_Death

Post by James_Death »

hhhhmmmmmm
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

James_Death wrote:hhhhmmmmmm

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

(thumbs)

:)
Will It Buff Out?
Philiptigerrice

Post by Philiptigerrice »

I think they're odious.

There's a chap lives near me, rides a white Pan European, white Lid - and a POLITE jacket - and has red and yellow striped reflectors on the back of his bike. Knob.

I was riding up the M66 recently- all the traffic was pootling along at 75mph, as it does, until we catch up with Officer Politeman, who is doing 60mph.

Next thing - all the traffic is bunched up behind him - nobody wants to overtake him - they all believe they have seen a traffic officer ahead, and don't want to overtake him.

Instead of well spaced out traffic, moving well, at around 75mph, its all bunched up - people are jossling for position, stopping distances are lost - you know how it goes...

He absolutely wears it in an effort to look like a Police Officer, he believes his driving is somehow 'advanced' and he would also deny attempting to look like a Copper.

Its all SO conceited, hiding behind some weird notion of safety.

The drivers, all get nearer to him - and instead of glancing over and thinking - oh its a copper - or - oh its a biker in hi viz - all have to take a few seconds longer to work out who or what he is.

I was nearly wiped out by a driver who was totally engrossed in trying to work out what he was. It only took a few seconds - but it was a few seconds of not looking at me - or the road.

I don't buy, for one minute, that the end justifies the means - they're deliberately and explicitly designed to hijack the genuine authority of a group of people who deserve some respect.

And they don't highlight riders - any decent hi-viz or decent lights achieves that!

They are designed to distract drivers. :pinch:

I have some black 3M reflective tape on the rear edges of my panniers for a bigger light signature in the dark - and ride with my spots (dipped) on too - my riding kit has a few subtle reflective points on too - but I don't need to pretend to be a policeman. I just make sure I'm seen.

I'd ban them - it can't be long before some prat wearing one does something stupid and gets done for impersonation.

By all means wear a Hi-Viz, but don't, Officer Politeman, pretend you aren't smugly stroking your own weird ego by pretending it doesn't give you a semi-on pretending to be a copper. :sick:

#Controversial
:laugh:
Greater Manchester
R1200 GS Adv ('08)
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

A hi-viz vest might get you noticed,looking like a prick once you have passed doesn't achieve anything.Just my opinion. (thumbs)
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

What's so great about being a copper that people want to impersonate them anyway?

Much like my wife who is a teacher, or a nurse, it is vocational. You get a lot of shit and not a lot of money. There's much easier jobs you could do for the same paycheck. Do people think it's a glamerous life or something?

I have a white bike and white helmet, so if I wear a long sleeve hi viz I look a bit like a copper. The only advantage I can see is it gets lane hoggers out the way quicker.

Can't see any other reason you'd go out your way to look like a copper.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

Another hater of these vests here....
I have absolutely no respect for idiots that wear them. We all know damn well that they only wear them to dupe other motorists into thinking they're plod at first glance.
You can be just as visible by wearing a plain hi viz.
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

I'm the new brand of impersonator. I try to look like someone on an unmarked bike in plain clothes.
No-one has sussed me yet.

The bloke in e first pic is a pillock and is standing like a horse about to p#%€.

By the total lack of visible police round here, most must be in unmarked cars.
They have had some interesting stuff to drive from the ones I have spotted. I am told they are drug seizures.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Philiptigerrice

Post by Philiptigerrice »

https://teespring.com/shop/bikers-retor ... 3&sid=back

There is a spelling correction! :laugh:
Greater Manchester
R1200 GS Adv ('08)

Return to “THE PUB”