Crf 250 rally ....crf250l

The Things We Ride
robson

Re: Crf 250 rally ....crf250l

Post by robson »

honda added another boring bike to the stable with higher price tag. I just sold my crf250l and no regrets.
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

oh god hes back ..got to have a dig at every bike of any make as usual :(

.. :sick: you might have done better on it if you actually knew how to ride a bike . :laugh:

ImageGrabbed Frame 40_edited-1 by minkyhead56, on Flickr[/img]
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
robson

Post by robson »

minky....you're pathetic :sick:
Mikekitts81

Post by Mikekitts81 »

Well I am hoping I can go for a test ride soon just waiting for them to get back to me ... sounds like a descent bike as the write up says it's an improvement from the crfl but I have never rode one the closet thing I've rode to it is the cr250 red rocket and just don't see that in the same bracket at all ... I was reading also about the crf450 rally to but just can't seem to find one for sale I suppose wen I go in to see them at Honda they could point me in the right direction but I am thinking it's more like wen you want a husky rally and the bike is considerably a lot higher in price and more specially made rather than just bouncing them out on the line I was really surprised to see they made a 250rally version really ... thing is I have really been looking for the perfect adventure bike that does it all but after reading so much and listening to so much I just don't think there is one out there I have looked at the 701 ... the swm 650 the ccm gp 450 the xt660 tenere and many different bikes the only bike that I haven't looked at is the 690 ktm and I don't no why but it just doesn't take to my liking looks wise maybe cause it's bright orange and I'd feel like the guy from the tango advert on it and all I would need is the purple suit ... but I am torn between bikes at the minute I wanted to test ride a swm but couldn't find any info or any site that would allow it I did message dave Clarke in Preston to see if he had one to test ride as he's apparently a dealer for them but no reply as of yet ... I am also torn between waiting should I wait anyway or not after speaking to the other half and see that the t7 concept and the ajp pr7 would be out soon I am sorta in 2 minds ...I think if it was me id just have as many as possible until my garage didn't have enough room to fit anymore in ... it easy fits 5 / 6 in with no work room and 3 with info room to do tinkering and little jobs and services I would need to do ...but that's besides the point anyway ...I am thinking that the ajp pr7 is gonna be a little overpriced and that the t7 is gonna be dulled down a lot for everyday riding from the concept that as been shown I have noticed thou that they don't seem to sell the 660tenere new now thou at all in there adventure section at yamaha. As it's all 1200 adventure bikes ...so I would imagine that it's eagerly awaited... as the 660 as always seemed to sell well ...I was wondering to myself thou were wen they make there t7 if they was gonna make another 7 say and xt7 moto and a xt7r etc aswell as don't seem to really see anything on it but surely a bike that sells well would be continued or is it me and the xtx xtr 660s didn't sell well ... I think more than anything it's all gonna come down to test rides and deals and wat feels right for me cause at the minute on paper I just can't decided at all on wat to spend my hard earned cash on ...and at this rate my wife will have a holiday booked again for next year so I need to find something sooner rather than later or it may not happen at all ... last time I had 3 bikes in the garage she was moaning at me and said I couldnt have another but now I've only got 2 in the garage and she is allowing me to go buy another whether she's had a bump on the head or wat I don't no I will decide one day thou ...

Sent from my BBA100-2 using Tapatalk
All things built not bought . The only way is adventure .
scutty

Post by scutty »

robson wrote:minky....you're pathetic :sick:
All right, which one of you woke the troll up early from his hibernation?
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

robson wrote:minky....you're pathetic :sick:
But Minky is way more interesting & exciting than you
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

you have got the full remit on your list mike

thing being for me i have a job for the rally .its going to end up as a duel bike im going to use it for work and use it for abr trips as well
its a great commuter and brilliant in town and a fun bike to ride too ..it there isnt mutch power but it will jog along a t65/ maby 70 dont know yet

im setting off today for whitby on the 300 and after tem miles on the m6 i wont be seeing a a road until thirsk planning to take 8/9 hours for a three hour journey ..thats where the 250s are perfect...well not perfect but in their eliment

they aint for everyone but im blessed with the ability to be happy day in day out just routing about at60mph and the rally will do that just fine ..im not able to handle the weight of the 800 class and they stop me going where i want to

a450 rally ..id love one wouldnt we all ..but the service intervals are chronic and i dont think i could handle one properly anyway
i just find the crfs very managable in most situations ..its a little bike for older man ..but ineed a reliable easy bike as i clock up some pretty handy milage due to me job

anyway good luck and keep well ill send you them files ..i for got ...reet great day im off (thumbs) braaaaap

here she is packed and ready luv riding this bike (thumbs)

ImageDSC_0251[1] by minkyhead56, on Flickr[/img]
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Plus one on hibernation---He reminds me of marvin from Hitch hikers guide!
WillS

Post by WillS »

Looks a great little Adventure Bike Steve, You seem to really enjoy riding the CRF250L.
Looks well all packed and ready to go.
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

minkyhead wrote:you have got the full remit on your list mike

thing being for me i have a job for the rally .its going to end up as a duel bike im going to use it for work and use it for abr trips as well
its a great commuter and brilliant in town and a fun bike to ride too ..it there isnt mutch power but it will jog along a t65/ maby 70 dont know yet

im setting off today for whitby on the 300 and after tem miles on the m6 i wont be seeing a a road until thirsk planning to take 8/9 hours for a three hour journey ..thats where the 250s are perfect...well not perfect but in their eliment

they aint for everyone but im blessed with the ability to be happy day in day out just routing about at60mph and the rally will do that just fine ..im not able to handle the weight of the 800 class and they stop me going where i want to

a450 rally ..id love one wouldnt we all ..but the service intervals are chronic and i dont think i could handle one properly anyway
i just find the crfs very managable in most situations ..its a little bike for older man ..but ineed a reliable easy bike as i clock up some pretty handy milage due to me job

anyway good luck and keep well ill send you them files ..i for got ...reet great day im off (thumbs) braaaaap

here she is packed and ready luv riding this bike (thumbs)

ImageDSC_0251[1] by minkyhead56, on Flickr[/img]
Is that you done with the CCM then Steve,you seem pretty comfortable on your 300 ?

Return to “BIKES”