None of us have a clue how to do this …

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Jelly

Re: None of us have a clue how to do this …

Post by Jelly »

You, according to davsato!

Perhaps we should re name him Trigger?
"The distant echo of faraway voices boarding far away trains,

To take them home to the ones that they love and who love them forever......."
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

Sorry Seem to be late posting here, But it also seems that so much has been said that I would like to have said. So a big up to "Mr Freemarket" for coming up with this plan and next time you have any bright ideas please count me in. ( Just wondering does the karma scale go high even for the amount of good karma you will recieve)
Also very big thanks to Tramp for all the planning I still owe you a pint maybe next time, Thanks also to Chris and Harry as our "Tail end Charlies" brill job and glad you made it home "H"
So too a new thread this has been fun thanks one and all until None of us have a clue how to do this …Round 2 :woohoo:
Peejay

Post by Peejay »

Well, just got back from the caravan, after a days chillin after yesterdays fun in the dust.

Thanks Mike for starting it off and Russ for all the route planning, we all had a ball.

Was glad to guide the 'Big Bikes' as jelly said, started of tame and got progresively more technical, or was it we got more knackered. (Well Win Green was technical).

No 'offs' no breakdowns or punctures. Big smiles all round.

I'll be handing out greenies to the big bike chaps, once I remember their names :whistle:
Oh, just thought of one..................Steve!:laugh:
BMW R1200 GS Adventure

KTM 990 R Adventure

Wheresoever you go. Go with all your heart.
davsato

Post by davsato »

its nobby's fault, for reasons of his own im sure he told me his name was steve when i met him at micks burger wagon, so you can all just p--- off. :P :P :P
Dave
old boots

Post by old boots »

ZZZZ's, Rays, Air and the RAC.

Well guys as already posted what a great day even with a break down.

Top of Win Green Hill with fantastic views allround the Dr decides to call a halt on proceedings. 1st ever problem Ive had whilst out. The spanners are whipped out in a jiffy and it soon becomes apparent that its electrics, changed the main fuse but as Chris pointed out it could be a battery fault. The guys did a round of zig zag hill whilst I investigated.
Upon their return I was still stuck, so organised the rescue and sent them on to have more fun.
Nobody likes to admit defeat, so I decided to get out of the bike gear, stretch out on the grass and catch some rays whilst going through the check list. Half hour later got up and had another go at a fix, still no joy but it did give me time to have a proper look at a bike that had been unmercifully thrashed, put through all the deep ruts, cross rutted, wadded through the mud and on one long fast section of pot holes took off! I kid you not, wasnt intended but everything was in song. It may be a farm yard tractor but it has proved to provide a huge grin factor and a capable machine.
Mr RAC arrived with a trailer, got his box of goodies out and diagnosed a faulty rectifyer and a battery that had cracked cells, something that could have happened to any bike!
Even that didnt dampen the days spirits. Till the next one,

Old boots
Pathfinder

"Primi Hastati"

Mr Free Market

Post by Mr Free Market »

zimtim wrote:Sorry Seem to be late posting here, But it also seems that so much has been said that I would like to have said. So a big up to "Mr Freemarket" for coming up with this plan and next time you have any bright ideas please count me in. ( Just wondering does the karma scale go high even for the amount of good karma you will recieve)
Also very big thanks to Tramp for all the planning I still owe you a pint maybe next time, Thanks also to Chris and Harry as our "Tail end Charlies" brill job and glad you made it home "H"
So too a new thread this has been fun thanks one and all until None of us have a clue how to do this …Round 2 :woohoo:
Thanks ZT.

Shall I just say that I have an idea for the sequel to None of us have a clue ... its working title is No Clue 2. But more on this in a few days ;)
Over a long enough timeline, everyones survival rate drops to zero
ben gun

Post by ben gun »

Hi all a little late in posting but some of us had to work today
Had a fantastic day ahuge thank you to all for organising many thanks
exrm193

Post by exrm193 »

Yes....top day out.
High point...following Ratcatcher as he rode the BM into a fence.
Low point....He didn`t do it a second time!

Remember, It's not funny til someone gets hurt!

He had the wind knocked out of him, so it kind of counts :laugh:
blueyonder

Post by blueyonder »

Very many thanks to Mike for instigating, Russ for route-planning and PeeJay for leading. Win Green was fab' - and just perfect! Had a great time on our first ABRR outing, with a great bunch of guys, and looking forward to re-joining the ABR again, before too long. Cheers.
Graeme

Post by Graeme »

Just to reiterate what every body has said, a big thanks to all who organised it, Russ for the routes, Mr Freemarket for instigating it all and PeeJay for leading the Big Bikes. Great day, really enjoyed it!
Looking forward to the next one
Graeme

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”