Travel Insurance

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
Dixon

Travel Insurance

Post by Dixon »

Hi fellow adventure bike riders. Sorry that my first post is about the dreaded word "insurance"..
Dixon

Re: Travel Insurance

Post by Dixon »

Can anyone point me in the right direction for travel insurance (medical cover/repatriation etc etc) as opposed to bike insurance, when hiring a bike abroad?
I already have worldwide travel insurance provided free by my bank, but it only covers riding a hired motorcycle up to 125cc or riding my own bike from the UK to my destination... Neither option covers what I am planning to do. - my wife and I are driving part of Route 66 by car, but planning on hiring a Harley for a day on one of our stopovers.
So.. Can anyone give me any tips or recommendations for a bike friendly travel insurance company or broker?
Thanks.
boatman

Post by boatman »

Google up
Motorcycle Express (thumbs)
oldoak

Post by oldoak »

I've used a few of these types of insurance and they are getting more and more user friendly,all done on-line

last one I used was this one I think which was easy to do even with a string of medical conditions which would put off most insurers.

Use it as your main holiday insurance as it will cover all sorts of activities, and in the USA, you really don't want to be paying for anything more than a plaster!

These are the last people I used, no problems...

www.overlandmag.com/insurance
oldoak

Post by oldoak »

Just always, always check the small print!
Dixon

Post by Dixon »

Cheers Boatman, I've checked it out and it doesn't cover rentals. Ah well, thanks anyway.
Dixon

Post by Dixon »

Cheers Oldoak. I've looked at the link and I'll be giving them a call tomorrow.
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

I took out www.holidaysafe.co.uk last year after being recommended on here.I never had to make a claim so can't comment on their service.
noodles

Post by noodles »

oldoak wrote:I've used a few of these types of insurance and they are getting more and more user friendly,all done on-line

last one I used was this one I think which was easy to do even with a string of medical conditions which would put off most insurers.

Use it as your main holiday insurance as it will cover all sorts of activities, and in the USA, you really don't want to be paying for anything more than a plaster!

These are the last people I used, no problems...

www.overlandmag.com/insurance
I was looking myself for my trip in May ... just done it online with the company in your link (thumbs)

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”