Your most disappointing bikes.

The Things We Ride
frenchy3

Re: Your most disappointing bikes.

Post by frenchy3 »

For me it had to be my CCM 604e. On paper the Rotax engine and quality suspension should have made it a great all rounder but on road it was harsh and vibey with ridiculous engine braking. Off road the torque and engine braking made it almost unrideable in muddy conditions. The bike had too long a wheelbase,too tall,too heavy and pushed it,s way through corners rather than rode round them. The standard battery was not man enough to get the engine fired up easily.If you had to use the kickstart it was on the left hand side and you needed to be a chinese state contortionist to get your leg up high enough to start it.
Sideleaner

Post by Sideleaner »

KTM400EXC 2010, during the first 3000 km I had a cracked clutch basket, 3 times a defective camchain tensioner and the piston replaced (Wiseco now). It still has a rattle at low revs. Left it in the garage for my son and bought myself a WRF450 :)
kito

Post by kito »

Yamaha 660 tenere without a doubt. I hated the thing . Top heavy, heavy in general , no power bouncing of the re limiter over taking shite suspension .uter crap I tried to sell it while on holiday so I didn't need to look at it when I got back. The only thing you could say is reliable but so was my £700 fiesta. Moved it on and got another bmw x challenge which is a much better bike
nickoff

Post by nickoff »

2 bikes stand out as disappointing to me. The first was when living in Oz I bought a Kwaka 650 Tengai. That bike was the most uncomfortable thing that I've ever thrown a leg over, ( and there's been a few ). Performance was fairly shite as well. The second was a Honda VFR 750. It did most things well but it was so boring. Just my opinion of coarse.

Nick.
Teflon Jnr

Post by Teflon Jnr »

My ex Mrs
Jesus rides a Harley and the devil wears prada

🇩🇪 🇧🇪 🇬🇧 🇮🇪 🇫🇷 🇮🇲 🇱🇺
nickoff

Post by nickoff »

Teflon Jnr wrote:My ex Mrs
I must disagree with you there. ;-)

Nick.
Birdie

Post by Birdie »

KTM SMT 990 poor fuelling ate tyres loved petrol stations test road the bike 3 times before buying unsure about the looks but fanced something different swapped it for a GS 800
Tourider

Post by Tourider »

Brand new 2007 Moto Guzzi California Vintage, everyone should make an Italian mistake once in their lifetime.
Trev

Post by Trev »

Not sure this fits the bill as I expected to be disappointed by this bike and it didn't disappoint ................

Suzuki GS250T, if anyone remembers that far back it was another Jap effort at a semi customer thing but using the high revving, gutless and boring 8 valve motor out of the GSX250. Boring motor, boring handling, boring styling and even boringly reliable.

Worst part is that I swapped it for my PE400X as took a new job 20 miles away and the PE was the worse commuter bike bar none - tiny tank with no reserve, terrible lights, crap brakes, couldn't cruise on it - you were either accelerating (quickly) or on the over run and woke the neighbours at 6.30 in the morning, impossible to start quietly. But never, ever boring :evil:

Bet you can guess which one I wish I still had?
Bluepaul

Post by Bluepaul »

Bought a Pan European from a dealer via eBay. Rode it 60 miles home got changed and put it up for sale on eBay that night. Lost £300 on the deal but was happy to get rid of it. (thumbs)

Return to “BIKES”