The A-Z Challenge

zimtim

Re: The A-Z Challenge

Post by zimtim »

ledwardio wrote:It's a shame most people are choosing not to display the sticker, it's not a big ask.
I've had that many stickers over the years, every time I've changed bikes ordered another couple stickers.
So sorry I am a fully paid up member here and have been since the beginning of the forum, and also a subscriber since day one and a proud owner of the much coveted Issue 1. I think ABR and Alun have had enough money and free advertising from me over the years.

Problem with this challenge and having to display a sticker is you will need at least 2 possibly even more and to get a good photo may mean manhandling your bike round just to get a f%%kin sticker in.

What about those people that have more than one bike.

What about those people that don't want stickers on their bike.

The fact that people are prepared to take part in this bit of fun and post up about it should be more than enough.

After all there is no prize being given for completing the challenge the best photo.
think you will also find that once a photo has been posted on here it is theirs to use as they wish, unless it is protected by copyright.

Oh and if anyone wants to take exception to my comments and the fact that my bike only has the one sticker and it will most definitely not be shown in all if in fact any of the pictures from the challenge then please feel free to complain to one of the MODs and ask them to remove my A-Z thread.
TomBoyNI

Post by TomBoyNI »

I don't think the sticker really matters as they always will be a personal choice, some like them, others don't. Personally I like stickers but I have yet to get the stickers on my new bike and for example I got a cracking picture of a red phone box in the middle of nowhere in Wales, I'll be using that.

If the sticker is visible it is visible if not we are all just playing for a bit of fun anyway.

Oh and I have an Issue 1 too (thumbs)
Boo :-p

https://tbni.blog
Motorcycling | Technology | Photography
herman

Post by herman »

I humbly apologise if I have annoyed anyone with my lack of sticker. Truth is I had one on the bash plate all last year and it got pressure washed off recently. I cant now for the life of me find the ones I got at the Midland. There is one on the horse box though and on the panniers but I dont want to get moaned at for riding around with empty panniers now do I? :)
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
mawse

Post by mawse »

@TomBoyNI - Is it ok to pinch your footer a-z challenge logo???

To stop all the 'no sticker showing' issues Ill turn TomBoyNI's logo into a downloadable .pdf that you can print out and just rest somewhere on the bike.

What do you all think??
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

mawse wrote:@TomBoyNI - Is it ok to pinch your footer a-z challenge logo???

To stop all the 'no sticker showing' issues Ill turn TomBoyNI's logo into a downloadable .pdf that you can print out and just rest somewhere on the bike.

What do you all think??
NO

because then you will have to ensure you've always got a copy of it on you what if you're out for just a bimble then come across something that you could tick of your list you cant because you left it at home.
what if it gets wet, blows away.

I think if you are willing to go out and take part and you're a member of this forum and you're posting it on here then that should be enough.

The Rules should be
A photo of your bike with the respective letter object.
one picture for one topic. even if you can get 2 or more of the topics in one picture. E.G nighttime and Stadium you cant take a picture of your bike outside a stadium at night and claim it for two.
A picture taken this year

There has never in the history of the ABR challenges been a rule that states your ABR sticker must be shown.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Rules are for weak people ....be thankfull some folks actually take the time to post pics etc...ow sorry gotta go time for a ride before it gets dark lol
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

herman wrote:I humbly apologise if I have annoyed anyone with my lack of sticker. Truth is I had one on the bash plate all last year and it got pressure washed off recently. I cant now for the life of me find the ones I got at the Midland. There is one on the horse box though and on the panniers but I dont want to get moaned at for riding around with empty panniers now do I? :)
Not that your lack of a sticker bothers me, but i picked up a few at the Excel and you are more than welcome to one ...I can usually be found at Route 66 or Rias in Waltham Chase if thats any help?
mawse

Post by mawse »

zimtim wrote:
There has never in the history of the ABR challenges been a rule that states your ABR sticker must be shown.
Sorry zimtim you are WRONG!!!

both the nature rally and the quest challenge both required you to show a rally sign and your number
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

mawse wrote:
zimtim wrote:
Sorry zimtim you are WRONG!!!

both the nature rally and the quest challenge both required you to show a rally sign and your number

was it on the Cathedral and National parks ones.

you know what this was supposed to be a bit of fun, aand if we are going have all this pettiness over some poxy stickers then I wont bother.

Return to “ABR Challenge 2017”