Nordkapp Solo

Where you've been and what you done
nickoff

Re: Nordkapp Solo

Post by nickoff »

A great write up Alan. The photos are very interesting as well. It sounds like you didn't run into any real problems and that makes the journey all the better. Well done mate.

Nick.
herman

Post by herman »

Thanks for that, did chuckle a lot at the tea quota and giving an Italian the thumbs up :silly:
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
AustinW

Nordkapp Solo

Post by AustinW »

Great stuff and very timely as we will probably be up that way this year. My fave bit was about two paragraphs in - bribing your wife with a kitten :). Priceless.
boatman

Post by boatman »

Alan ---------------- brilliant ride report (thumbs) ,, i have also done the Kapp solo and it counts as one of my best ever trips , enjoyed it so much I went back the following year 2 up on a GSA 12 with my wife .
A lot of peeps seem put off by the low speed limits , I found that I got used to it quite quickly.
Thanks for a good read an nice pics (thumbs)
gspod

Post by gspod »

Brilliant write up, thanks - Nordkapp now on the list
Spike941

Post by Spike941 »

Certainly one of the best write ups I've read in a long time. Thanks for making the effort. I also made a solo trip up to the Nordkapp last summer (end of June) and thankfully I was blessed with superb weather up and back. It's a long way, but without doubt the best trip I've ever done. Would you do it again though?
boatman

Post by boatman »

gspod wrote:Brilliant write up, thanks - Nordkapp now on the list
Hi D ,,,,,, this summer coming ? (thumbs)
geoham

Post by geoham »

Great ride report. Thanks for putting it together. The photos were fantastic (thumbs)
AlanQ

Post by AlanQ »

Thanks everyone for the feedback

@qcnr - cheers for the offer, may well take you up on it!
@mosel - I gather I was very lucky with such a day in Bergen, had plenty of soggy days elsewhere to make up though!
@spike - Not sure I'd go all the way to Nordkapp again but I'd go love to go back and explore the south a little more

For anyone thinking about Norway all I can say is go for it, it has to be some of the best riding anywhere.
AustinW

Post by AustinW »

Hi Alan, as I expected when my wife read the ride report the bit she was most interested in was the Cabins. She has some questions:

The rate seemed to be around £40 a night so around 400Krone -Correct?

What do you mostly get for this? Two berths/double or more, any Bedding or just a mattress for you own bag? From what I have seen they are not en-suite (use the campsite showers) and just a table or similar to put your own cooking stuff on. Any Heating?

I know you went at the end of the main season but any idea what the "walk in" situation be like at the height of the season?

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”