Route planning

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
zimtim

Re: Route planning

Post by zimtim »

Basecamp
never had any issues, have found some of the others slightly easier to use, but basecamp is so much better IMHO
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

I don't have a BMW...but the BMW Zumo sat nav set in 'winding roads' mode is a superb bit of kit (thumbs) . You can also set the difficulty of the 'winding roads' as well, so if you are short of time you can go on more flowing roads between towns. We used it for a trip around north eastern/eastern Spain earlier this year and it was excellent (thumbs) .
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
captinktm

Post by captinktm »

Hi I live in Bulgaria and use this site https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=16/49.1062/87.9573
which down loads and works on my Garmin and in Mapsource . Where do you want to go I know the country quite well now and have ridden most offroad areas. I also have Garmin's world map on the gps as this shows some tracks that no other does. I live in the Elena area so if you need a stop over or some help let me know.
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Motogoloco for day trips, Tyre for more extensive planning.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
ScottHeyden

Route planning

Post by ScottHeyden »

Satmap xpedition for Greenland got and MyRoute-app (online version of Tyre) for road trips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
uturntony

Post by uturntony »

Another vote for tyre. Android and Windows only, no Apple support. Will work with a Windows emulator on a Mac though.
George 01

Post by George 01 »

Slight threat hi jack, sorry but hopefully I can get a bit of help here
I use basecamp and generally find it ok.
The problem I have is when plotting a track if I accidentally click off of the track I was plotting I have to start all over again or start with another track. Is there a way to extend an existing track. This is something I have not worked out any help greatly appreciated thanks
Adrian1965

Post by Adrian1965 »

Thanks for all the replies (thumbs) I have downloaded Tyre and after a quick look it seems to do what i need B)
chain driven

Post by chain driven »

I found tyre(I just use the basic) good but you have to be very careful that it is exactly right , I planned a trip and at the very end it wanted to take me over a tide road to the destination so when I hit the return trip it just wants to return to the start again because I did not go over the tidal road at the start :ohmy:
vRSG60

Route planning

Post by vRSG60 »

With all of these route programs make doubley sure that any waypoint is on the correct side of a dual carriageway or you'll be led in circles to pass through it.
I'm Basecamp you don't plot tracks you need to plot routes .
Easy enough to add to a route, add another waypoint then double click the route click the green + sign then chose the waypoint you just added, you can rearrange the order of the waypoints before you exit this part. Then click recalculate.
If the waypoint is in the wrong place click it and chose reposition or whatever it says and move it to wherever you want.
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith

Return to “TRAVEL”