Gerry McNasty

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
steve_h80

Re: Gerry McNasty

Post by steve_h80 »

Can of worms here.
I don't know enough to be able to comment further.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

The Paisley and McGuinness angle is interesting

Once bitterly opposed, on different sides (or were they)

[video width=425 height=344 type=youtube]ikKFgpgvj88[/video]
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

johnnyboxer wrote:
Mike101 wrote:
Until you have walked a mile in his shoes, you cannot judge the man (thumbs)
From a unrepentant leader of a gang of thugs that carry out murders,tortures and extortion [the latter two of which still happen],to a political muppet yes I can judge the man and his kindred.
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

johnnyboxer wrote:
Mike101 wrote:So Gerry McNasty is retiring from politics...well i for one won't be sad to see him go from my tv screen.

IRA killer to statesman...what a crock.

Yes I know this may provoke some but some things cannot go unsaid.

The troubles my arse...murder is murder!

Mike
Oh I've walked more than a mile in his shoes and lets say I have a rather unique view on things over there! But thats a story for another time and place.

What I will say is this....once a thug always a thug...a nice suit does not wipe away blood and oh there is plenty on some hands over there.

One side had to play by some rules...or at least try to...while the other could do as they saw fit. All the IRA had to do was kill enough innocent people and wait it out....then be given the keys to power for free. This was always going to happen as it always does in all wars.

I have lots of mates over the water and most agree with me on this.

I've said my bit on this now.

Mike

Freedom Fighter .............from Armalite to Armistice

Love him or Loathe him, you cannot underestimate the journey through life he has undertaken or the ability to put down the gun, in order to pick up the chalice of peace

Until you have walked a mile in his shoes, you cannot judge the man (thumbs)
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

One side had to play by some rules...or at least try to...while the other could do as they saw fit. All the IRA had to do was kill enough innocent people and wait it out....then be given the keys to power for free. T
To quote modern parrallels this is what Al Qaeda is doing right now

Same methodology, Same goal
nortyrascal

Post by nortyrascal »

Those two have been elevated and have high ranking political carrers. Meanwhile some of the soldiers who served in NI are being taken to court.

I think it stinks.

norty
650ginge

Post by 650ginge »

I'm out.
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

Which people the Catholics,the Protestants or the people in the graves who were murdered in the name of freedom?
interceptor

Post by interceptor »

Ah here, do you not appreciate the years of peace in NI since the peace process was brokered by a diverse group of individuals?

800 years of British oppression on this island have left us all with our own perspective and you can either move forward or you can keep taking sides and spitting hate.

Peace out brother, bring your bike over this summer and see real change for the better since Thatchers soldiers stopped firing plastic bullets at childrens heads. There was wrong on both sides and claiming otherwise is rewriting history. You can stay in my house if you like and we can have a few pints, but no talking politics.
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

Unfortunately as they say "to gain peace at some point you have to sit down & talk to your enemies" it's a fact of life l'm afraid?
In the 70s l always wondered why we didn't top the pair of them Gerry Adams being the worst of the two in my opinion.
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***

Return to “THE PUB”