3 bike stable

The Things We Ride
Mike101

3 bike stable

Post by Mike101 »

Over the past fews years i've had all sorts of bikes at various times. Some i used a lot while others i hardly ever used.

So i've finally figures out what i want from my bikes and how i will use them.

Here is what i am aiming for.

1. R1150RT..i use this as work transport when not on a plane that is. Great for distance and 2 up.
2. A 400cc trail bike..maybe an XR or a KTM 450 exc. Small ish and light ish..enough for Salisbury plain etc.
3. ZZR1400..A toy to polish and blast about on in the summer..and to make my grin everytime i start it up.

It's taken me a long time to get to the list above but i think i've got the right balance there.

What do you want to have?

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
Richard Simpson

Re: 3 bike stable

Post by Richard Simpson »

KTM 950 Adv...long haul transport for business trips when I might get caught in traffic + pottering about 2-up + riding on easy trails in dry weather

CCM 404DS trail riding

GasGas 250 Pampera teaching people to ride on, playing trials on, + very tough trail rides.

To add to that, I'd like....

A Moto Guzzi Le Mans or similar

A Moto Morini Corsaro

A 1970s enduro bike

A 580 CCM

etc etc....
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Well currently I have a DR650SE which I use for everything, a DR350SE which I don't use and will probably sell this year and a DR125 which is a parts mule for the other two.

I would like my stable to look like this by the end of the year:

R1200GS / R1150RT / AT / VStrom 1000 for motorways and Alps.

DR650SE For Spain and dry trail use.

Maybe a classic, or the DR125 as a project Scrambler...
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
BobH

Post by BobH »

Have downsized somewhat over 2016, now have the KTM 1190 Adv for long distance road based adventures, the DR650SE for solo trips and Spain, Moroc etc. Now looking for a 400 for trail rides as just joined local TRF. Also have a VFR1200F, just because I like it....
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

Water cooled gs to take me n jan where ever we want to go or on me camping trips
TL1000S track bike cause i love track days
TL1000S road bike for me summer road run out grin days and i love em

steve
Maljones

Post by Maljones »

Think I'm mostly there with mine and like you took a good while to find the bikes I'd regularly use not to have gathering dust! What I have now works for me, the only addition possibly would be an affordable classic such as a z650b1 etc to polish and go out on a Sunday! So what I have now is -

Bmw r1150gs adv for motorway Wk end camps and generally running round and it's used regularly!

Ktm 640 adventure for travel, camping and Euro trips.

Honda innova used for work and strapping to the back of my camper.

All used on a regular basis after spending years with possibly the wrong bikes that I couldn't justify the cost of to be ornaments!
ROCKOZ

Post by ROCKOZ »

Mike101 wrote:Over the past fews years i've had all sorts of bikes at various times. Some i used a lot while others i hardly ever used.

So i've finally figures out what i want from my bikes and how i will use them.

Here is what i am aiming for.

1. R1150RT..i use this as work transport when not on a plane that is. Great for distance and 2 up.
2. A 400cc trail bike..maybe an XR or a KTM 450 exc. Small ish and light ish..enough for Salisbury plain etc.
3. ZZR1400..A toy to polish and blast about on in the summer..and to make my grin everytime i start it up.

It's taken me a long time to get to the list above but i think i've got the right balance there.

What do you want to have?

Mike
ZZR1400 is a brilliant bike. Had trouble with mine but it's fairly unheard of generally. Considered a GTR? Still ridiculously fast and you could do everything a ZZR will do with hardly any real world grin factor lost and sell the RT too!
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

I think I've got mine nailed now, once I get rid of the 4th (thumbs)

Honda dominator which is going to get put back to stock gearing and more road friendly tyres for touring and lugging me and the Mrs around.

DR350 I picked up yesterday for bimbling around solo and trail riding

And my tuareg 125 for doing silly things on and hard trails, half tempted to throw it at the Baja gb round just for shits and giggles :lol:
reedro72

Post by reedro72 »

Pretty much tried everything on offer through the whole range .
Current stable.

660 tenere (2009) had 990s 690s 640s 800gs etc but this is bomb proof European gravel travel budget do it all reasonably well bike.
Ktm 150 xc 2012 , enduro practice , trail riding , again had everything on market ended up with this for power to weight ratio .
Honda c90 brought cheep will only make money and fun riding up pub on summer evening on !

Nick
Paul_C

Post by Paul_C »

Got a 2010 BMW 1200 GSA now on 70k. For touring and the odd easy trail. Plus when carrying a pillion.
CCM GP450 now seems to be my regular bike, roads and trails.
Moto Guzzi LeMans II had this since 1981. Sunny afternoon rides.
Just along for the ride.
Husqvarna 901 Norden. Husqvarna 701 Enduro. Moto Guzzi LeMans II.

Return to β€œBIKES”