650,000 immigrants enter UK - a new record

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Simon_100

Re: 650,000 immigrants enter UK - a new record

Post by Simon_100 »

Meanwhile, just to ram it home tat we're all different ... Regs Simon (thumbs)
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
misterlaffer

Post by misterlaffer »

Depressing reading :(

But the ONS said there was a "statistically significant" rise in the number of people who were "looking for work", 130,000, compared to 107,000 last year, as opposed to those who had a definite job to go to.

It's such a shame the UK can't find jobs for these. Still, never mind, there's a food bank nearby to ease my conscience I donated a couple of boxes of quality street and several tins of big soup to tie 'em over for a few days. (thumbs)
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

If you look on that raving communist website the BBC news page, there is an article called reality check, which having examined the data says that the difference between June 2014 - 2015 and 2015 - 2016 is statistically insignificant. There were three headlines I saw or heard today; one saying that all the heads of the EU are united that Britain accepts the four EU freedoms or we are not in, Davis says that we are going to be happy to contribute to the EU financially and May says that leaving the EU means we can cut immigration. I think what is clear is that we are pretty unlikely to have our cake and eat it. According to the news last week rising immigration is a clear sign of a booming economy.
I would love to be a border guard whose job it is to ask refugees,`'Are you coming here to work or are you a work shy layabout?' There has been a massive increase in those applying to do the citizenship quiz. If you want a laugh have a go ,it is on various websites, then ask yourself how many of the questions you think are relevant.
Cheers Jak
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

I for one would happily accept the so called economic migrants in place for sending the lazy,sponging uk layabouts to the migrants countries in exchange...so thats most public sector workers and nearly all the so called unemployed..

Work is always available just they have found a easier source of money ....

It would also free up some housing too...

Im running to the bomb shelter....lol
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

AndyB wrote:Where do the other 365,000 come from and what do the anti immigration camp suggest we do with them?
You read my mind.

Again raises the question "How does leaving the EU solve that problem?"

We'd need to disband the commonwealth, which is where our real immigration problems come from, not just the EU. Looks at towns like Birmingham, Bradford, etc, entire cities where white British are a minority, where we have Mosques instead of churches and a lot of them, exclusively Black or Asian communities, entirely Asian Muslim schools and a lot of them. I've never heard of an entirely Eastern European school or church! None of this is racism, it's just fact.

Eastern Europeans have only been coming here for 10 years. They are a drop in the ocean compared to the commonwealth.

No other EU country has the level immigration problem we have, no other had a camp of migrants risking thier lives to get through a tunnel. Spain has a controlled immigration policy, from within the EU. The EU isn't sending migrants in our direction, we are attracting them, it's a pull not a push. It's a UK problem because we are too soft with our interpretation of free movement, not an EU problem.

There will still be immigration from the EU after Brexit. So it'll reduce numbers but anyone who voted Brexit thinking we'd "Get our country back" is kidding themselves and in 10 years time is going to feel even more disappointed and let down by the system than ever before.

The Brexit vote may have given the establishment a bloody nose, but it won't bleed or be sore for long. The establishment is alive and the same people still run the country.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Dave DRZ

Post by Dave DRZ »

I can go weeks and months in the real world without having a conversation about immigration, but sometimes it feels like every other online forum has an active thread on the subject :( in my experience it is rarely a nice place to venture... especially if the thread makes it to page 4 and beyond.

Dave
Far Off Places; a motorcycle adventure from Manchester to Manali www.faroffplaces.net
Arthur Pint Motor

Post by Arthur Pint Motor »

Tramp wrote:I for one would happily accept the so called economic migrants in place for sending the lazy,sponging uk layabouts to the migrants countries in exchange...so thats most public sector workers and nearly all the so called unemployed..

Yes I think you had better run for the shelter if any teachers or nurses are reading this.
steve_h80

Post by steve_h80 »

Arthur Pint Motor wrote:
Tramp wrote:I for one would happily accept the so called economic migrants in place for sending the lazy,sponging uk layabouts to the migrants countries in exchange...so thats most public sector workers and nearly all the so called unemployed..

Yes I think you had better run for the shelter if any teachers or nurses are reading this.
Especially if you end in their a&e :-)
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

The Spanish Biker wrote:
Redmurty wrote:saw that figure and thought how many people seem to be either wrong or not worried about the UK going tits up post Brexit, the increase is because people want to get here before the borders get further controlled restraints

cheers Spud ;)
johnnyboxer wrote:June 2015 to June 2016,
Er, got a calendar handy Spud ...

Simon
now now si,its friday dont want to go upsetting folk lol

hows the cart coming along for yer dog

steve
Africa John

Post by Africa John »

Tramp wrote:I for one would happily accept the so called economic migrants in place for sending the lazy,sponging uk layabouts to the migrants countries in exchange...so thats most public sector workers
Bin men? (my trade)
Police?
Nurses?
Teachers?
Environmental health officers?

Just so I know which of us you are proposing to relocate?

Return to “THE PUB”