one for the drz lads

The Things We Ride
SteveW

Re: one for the drz lads

Post by SteveW »

We're at the bike show on Sunday, getting the train, arrive at about 10:00am, I'll look out for you!
Paul-S

Post by Paul-S »

anthony29040 wrote:
Paul-S wrote:Hi Anthony

I'm 92kgs and 6' with a 31 inside leg. My DRZ sits a bit higher than standard as I have had the suspension adjusted, I can just touch the floor on tip toes but easier when fully loaded.

Just done the HISS on it this year and it runs great. The gearing I am runni ng is 15 / 43. According to gearing commander and the dyno I had it set up on, 70 mph is just on 6500 rpm. (this is also 70mph on satnav. It's OK but I prefer to run between 64-68 mph (showing 72-75 on the clock) around 6000 rpm. It's sit all day doing this fully loaded and still returns 60 mpg

I have a Clarke tank on, I got 183 miles before stopping to fill up with 14 ltrs. As The Sarge has said 120 miles is about right for a stock bike
i have seen pictures of your bike on the forum and it looks like a really sorted bike i know i could alter the gearing on the front and rear sprockets and that would give me a better cruising speed but i wouldn't want it unusable on off road riding.so i need to find one in a shop so i can have a sit on it to put my mind at rest,thanks for you positive feedback.cheers tony.
You're welcome to come over and have a sit / ride on mine if you want to.
anthony29040

Post by anthony29040 »

Paul-S wrote:
anthony29040 wrote:
Paul-S wrote:Hi Anthony

I'm 92kgs and 6' with a 31 inside leg. My DRZ sits a bit higher than standard as I have had the suspension adjusted, I can just touch the floor on tip toes but easier when fully loaded.

Just done the HISS on it this year and it runs great. The gearing I am runni ng is 15 / 43. According to gearing commander and the dyno I had it set up on, 70 mph is just on 6500 rpm. (this is also 70mph on satnav. It's OK but I prefer to run between 64-68 mph (showing 72-75 on the clock) around 6000 rpm. It's sit all day doing this fully loaded and still returns 60 mpg

I have a Clarke tank on, I got 183 miles before stopping to fill up with 14 ltrs. As The Sarge has said 120 miles is about right for a stock bike
i have seen pictures of your bike on the forum and it looks like a really sorted bike i know i could alter the gearing on the front and rear sprockets and that would give me a better cruising speed but i wouldn't want it unusable on off road riding.so i need to find one in a shop so i can have a sit on it to put my mind at rest,thanks for you positive feedback.cheers tony.
You're welcome to come over and have a sit / ride on mine if you want to.
thanks for the offer paul,but if yours is higher than standard think i would have to bring step ladders.lol thanks for your kind offer.
ggp59

Post by ggp59 »

Me and a mate bought new one's at the same time in 2002

I kept mine 6 months, he's still got his and still loves it
He's done LDT'S on it, enduro's, rallys, trail riding and with another set of wheels a lot of road work without missing a beat
It's proved the most versatile and indestructible bike ever - for him and his 32" legs!

As a 29'' short arse not so good!
I put lowering links on it, and found it dragged the pegs in ruts, then after just one day with them fitted the shock lost all it's oil overnight, so took 'em off until I bounced it and me off a tree due to a chaffed throttle cable jamming - all on a 6 month old bike

Somewhere between the air ambulance and several months in hospital with a broken femur, broken arm, broken ribs and a ruptured diaphragm the wife persuaded some 'mates' to flog it off - thank goodness!

Same bike, two completly different experiences so don't suppose it helped your decision much!
Rederic

Post by Rederic »

Hi Tony you guessed it I haven't had one but I am going the bike show on Sunday
[center]
200w.gif
200w.gif (620.54 KiB) Viewed 1312 times
HTH

[/center]
If your not the lead dog the view never change's
anthony29040

Post by anthony29040 »

ggp59 wrote:Me and a mate bought new one's at the same time in 2002

I kept mine 6 months, he's still got his and still loves it
He's done LDT'S on it, enduro's, rallys, trail riding and with another set of wheels a lot of road work without missing a beat
It's proved the most versatile and indestructible bike ever - for him and his 32" legs!

As a 29'' short arse not so good!
I put lowering links on it, and found it dragged the pegs in ruts, then after just one day with them fitted the shock lost all it's oil overnight, so took 'em off until I bounced it and me off a tree due to a chaffed throttle cable jamming - all on a 6 month old bike

Somewhere between the air ambulance and several months in hospital with a broken femur, broken arm, broken ribs and a ruptured diaphragm the wife persuaded some 'mates' to flog it off - thank goodness!

Same bike, two completly different experiences so don't suppose it helped your decision much!
i did say good or bad feedback.thanks for your feedback.cheers tony
pinball1008

Post by pinball1008 »

Are dRZ's a go anywhere bike? Have a look here
They are quite tall though
Not all those wandering are lost
anthony29040

Post by anthony29040 »

minkyhead wrote:not so easy to get the gearing right for distanceand tight trails but i loved mine its just a dam shame they went out of production ..may be easier to ask whos not had one ..pretty popular bike nuff said

Imagedrz coniston by minkyhead56, on Flickr/[/img]
I know what you saying about the gearing but I would rather get the gearing right for road work because if I got one 95% of the time that's where it would be and if I did of road it would be fire road stuff,i don't want to knacker up my knee again.might even consider a sm,what are your thoughts.you going to the show this year ?

Return to “BIKES”