What's the best thing you ate whilst away this year?

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
The Sarge

Re: What's the best thing you ate whilst away this year?

Post by The Sarge »

JonnyBravo wrote:
Diesel Pete wrote:
PaulinBont wrote:For a trip down memory lane: bratwurst mit zenf at a roadside schelly in Germany (ex-squaddies will know what I'm on about)
Relived that memory this year but couldn't find Herfoder beer or Apfel for the full trip down memory lane :(
Everyman should have bought a yellow handbag in his younger days at some point (thumbs)
Aaaah Herforder !!!!! :pinch:
helmik

Post by helmik »

Ah, Cevapi by the lake in Bled, gorgeous. Then a game goulash in Krasny Gora (sp?) lovely food. Found a frites van at 2 in the morning on a run back from Milan in a van. Having not stopped all day theme chips were life giving!!!
Mick.
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Smoked Spratts on family camp in Dorset cooked on the fire.
Spratts.jpg
Spratts.jpg (46.68 KiB) Viewed 1742 times
and this ham over looking a parade through Plaza Siglo in Malaga, the food in Malaga is fantastic, the city is much nicer than I expected.
20160709_205116.jpg
20160709_205116.jpg (45.78 KiB) Viewed 1742 times
20160709_204937.jpg
20160709_204937.jpg (92.65 KiB) Viewed 1742 times
Also the food on the economie ferry to Santander is worth an honourable mention. It's really good!
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

waynecoluk wrote:Its got to be a sausage fest in a traditional German restaurant in Baden Baden this year.
Me and a mate were looking for Currywurst und pommes but ended up with a plate half the size of the table with every type of sausage/bratwurst and sauerkraut going.
I can honestly say it was probably the best meal I've ever had anywhere, ever.
Nice one. I've always wanted to go to a German Beerfest and Sausagefest. Everytime I see one of those events on TV it looks really good fun (thumbs) .
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
scouse

Post by scouse »

Fabada in a sidra bar in Oviedo vs. Patas Bravas in a back street student bar in Santiago de Compestala... hard to pick between them or churros and hot chocolate from a stall at the fiesta in Espinoza della Monteras... that was a good few days of travelling.

Breakfast was good in Espinoza as well
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
ullukk

Post by ullukk »

No biking abroad for me this year but spent about 3 weeks up in Bonnie Scotland this summer, stayed a few days at the Strontian Hotel, breakfast there was excellent especially with the delicious Stornoway black pudding, best evening meal i had was at the Lochnager Indian restaurant in Ballater, very good and will most certainly be visiting again when in the area.
felco

Post by felco »

I just love Tapas, had a lovely 4 hour one on last Spanish trip, could have been the beer mind?
Not sure about a sausages fest, perhaps if I had a few beers first :laugh:
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

scouse wrote:Fabada in a sidra bar in Oviedo vs. Patas Bravas in a back street student bar in Santiago de Compestala... hard to pick between them or churros and hot chocolate from a stall at the fiesta in Espinoza della Monteras... that was a good few days of travelling.

Breakfast was good in Espinoza as well
Can't believe I forgot about the churros! So good.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
captinktm

Post by captinktm »

Cornish pasty which my wife cooked and packed for me.
wwdph02

Post by wwdph02 »

Full English breakfast at the lands end hotel each morning. For those who lack 'sea legs' and have trouble on rough seas if you have suffered on a holiday this place was perfect. Just like a ships breakfast area but no movement.
Sitting in the dining area and you get 180 degrees visibility out to sea, in front and behind are the cliff tops and sea and left/right ( depends on your seat) is unbroken view to horizon.

Return to β€œTRAVEL”