Post by motorbike »

that's impressive i can see me getting one of these wee darlins
garyboy

Re: CRF250 L thread

Post by garyboy »

motorbike

Post by motorbike »

i have now watched and read a lot of info on these bikes,,,but can anyone tell me..if you just change the exhaust only(no header pipe no air box alteration) for say a fmf quiet 4 one do you still need to fit electronic fuel adjustment box...would like to think i could reduce the weight and slightly increase the performance without major expence or damaging the bike...ps i dont own one but am thinking ahead
jonesthesteam

Post by jonesthesteam »

motorbike wrote:i have now watched and read a lot of info on these bikes,,,but can anyone tell me..if you just change the exhaust only(no header pipe no air box alteration) for say a fmf quiet 4 one do you still need to fit electronic fuel adjustment box...would like to think i could reduce the weight and slightly increase the performance without major expence or damaging the bike...ps i dont own one but am thinking ahead
I fitted just a FMF endcan to mine, no other mods - all fine, probably not any quicker but breathed easier and sounded a bit more "butch" so felt a bit more lively, the key to mine was to short shift the gearbox, it was plenty quick enough for the B roads and would cruise happily at 60/70mph on the A roads

Best
Jonesy
bowber

Post by bowber »

minkyhead wrote:just seen one on adrider rattling it way towards 100.000 ...

Still quieter than a KTM!

I've looked at these as well, but I've got too much crap in my shed and my wife would frown at me if I got another bike :blush:

I'll have to make do with the DR350 with it's kick start and shite suspension :lol:

Steve
Redsoul

Post by Redsoul »

motorbike wrote:i have now watched and read a lot of info on these bikes,,,but can anyone tell me..if you just change the exhaust only(no header pipe no air box alteration) for say a fmf quiet 4 one do you still need to fit electronic fuel adjustment box...would like to think i could reduce the weight and slightly increase the performance without major expence or damaging the bike...ps i dont own one but am thinking ahead
I have just bought one of these bikes with just the end can fitted and seems to go well...first ride out I was a little worried about all the negativity but maybe it's just me but I found the suspension better than expacted,felt nice and light off road and was quite nippy on the road
It's no KTM but is a great trail bike.

IMG_0538.JPG
IMG_0538.JPG (126.07 KiB) Viewed 1308 times
IMG_0539.JPG
IMG_0539.JPG (85.61 KiB) Viewed 1308 times
daytona-supersport

Post by daytona-supersport »

Nice to see positive comments about a decent small trail bike.
OK, it's not a rip snorting monster of an endure bike. but that is its strength. It does what it says on the box. A light, reasonably powered, not too expensive, fairly quiet and unobtrusive trail bike. (thumbs)
Bound to have a few things that may need sorting, but hey, what bike is perfect?

PS, If you want to race. Go orange. Tried other makes but could not keep up with the maintenance required.
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

I've fitted the Yoshimura full system on mine, haven't seen the need to mod the airbox or fit a fuel controller. Bike hasn't been running hot.

To be fully up front I am having some trouble with mine, still riding it but now erring towards either a coil issue or HT lead playing up (almost 30 000 miles now) ......but maintenance is very straightforward & service intervals are impressively long.

I find it a very fun bike to ride, on the road with street tyres it is effortless playing with traffic. For circa £4000 brand new, there's not much else out there that can touch it (thumbs)
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
Spadger

Post by Spadger »

Deleted
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Do these bikes have a lambda sensor?--if so then they will fuel up a bit when the engine breathes a bit better--but within the limits of the standard mapping--the lambda sensors typically control idle and warm up so I would expect it to be slightly more lively at the bottom end. I don't own one so I'm just interested in "tuning" mods and results.

Return to “BIKES”