The Suzuki DR thread.

The Things We Ride
Tramp

Re: The Suzuki DR thread.

Post by Tramp »

There are 2 seals one on the adjuster screw a paper thingy and another between body and head...clean surfaces ......bolts are NOT done up tight just nipped ie 10nm...

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/613297 ... sket-leak/
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Done, if I could add a piece of advice it would be to wind it in before removal, you can get it out of the area much easier that way.

Poor thing hasn't been ridden enough lately, had to charge the battery :(
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
motorbike

Post by motorbike »

there is a nice wee 350 for same on gumtree just now..up in scotland....nuffin to do with me!
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

There are a couple more DR650 on eBay that look good.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

So Saturday I changed the oil and filter and looked at the leaking CCT gasket. Sunday I did the gasket but she wouldn't start, even jump start. Thought I'd buggered the timing chain.
Tonight I decided to unjam the choke cable and went to take the tank off only to find I must have turned the fuel off on Saturday. Bike started right up and runs sweet. Choke was a good fix too (thumbs)
IMG_20161024_194820.jpg
IMG_20161024_194820.jpg (56.66 KiB) Viewed 1416 times

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
HAMMERHEAD

Post by HAMMERHEAD »

Brenhden wrote:So Saturday I changed the oil and filter and looked at the leaking CCT gasket. Sunday I did the gasket but she wouldn't start, even jump start. Thought I'd buggered the timing chain.
Tonight I decided to unjam the choke cable and went to take the tank off only to find I must have turned the fuel off on Saturday. Bike started right up and runs sweet. Choke was a good fix too (thumbs)
IMG_20161024_194820.jpg
Lol. Not on your own there buddy, I've done exactly the same, sure there are a few more on here have done also. Teehee.
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

:laugh: NOT THE FUEL BUT KICKED MY 250 TO DEATH BEFORE I SAW THE KILL SWITCH IN THE OFF POSITION :laugh:
SHarper

Post by SHarper »

Eyup readers of the DR thread, I'm coming on here and asking for the wisdom of the collective on a DR related matter.
A friend has bought a DR 250 and it doesn't run correctly. It starts and now ticks over but when you try to ride it, it bogs down, like there's a lack of fuel.
Someone has butchered the top of the airbox.
I took the carb apart, it had a 110 jet in it, so I did a bit of research and it looks like it should have a 135, but because of the airbox mod I put a 140 in it. The plug is a NGK CR9EK. It has a flat-slide Mikuni.
Does someone have manual for a 1996 (?) (M Reg import) DR 250 (don't know what the model designation is) that could tell me the correct plug, the correct jet size and what the fook is up with this fooking fooker of a machine that I never wanted anything to do with in the first place.
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Hi SHarper,

I've got the Clymer manual at home for the DR350 and I think it covers the 250 too. I'll be home Wednesday and will take a look.

Bren

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

I've been looking through what information I have but it's quite difficult without knowing which model it is. Does it have the DOHC cam engine?
one-legged adventurer

Return to “BIKES”