TRF becomming Extinct?

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
SHarper

Re: TRF becomming Extinct?

Post by SHarper »

image_2016-10-08.jpeg
image_2016-10-08.jpeg (88.67 KiB) Viewed 1195 times
I think this is a picture taken at JB's mysterious playground showing a very small part of it.

It is a great place and I wish it was 70 miles nearer to my house.
johnnyboxer

TRF becomming Extinct?

Post by johnnyboxer »

SteveR wrote:
johnnyboxer wrote:

On the bikes we ride there are loads of options to ride & not get bored on the whole 140 acres - it is not fields !!

It's a Trials Club

So Trials bikes only, no exceptions

Trials tyres too

Operates as a private members club, so no non members or guests - however there are 500 club members and a waiting list

Ah, quite different to the riding mx bikes type of location then... :cheer:
Not that kind of location at all - no bikes with seats allowed & only shod with Trials tyres

No dirty stinking MX or Enduro bikes are allowed and all the better for it

Perfect for riding and/or walking

Rocks, rivers, gulleys, waterfalls and deciduous woodland - so good they hold British Championship rounds

A motorcycle playground that has been going for over 40 years as a private club basis
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
johnnyboxer

TRF becomming Extinct?

Post by johnnyboxer »

Looks like a very small corner

It's an hour for me - but well worth it for 4-5 hours there

Get the chair & table out

Ride a bit, chill out

Go make a few sections & ride a bit more

Chat to other riders etc

Ride a bit more

Usually go once a week
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

An example of what is currently wrong with the TRF.

A member asked a legitimate question about the legal status of a lane, other members responded helpfully, but not necessarily correctly.

This is an extract from the TRF Technical Director's response:

"I strongly recommend that members do not rely on forum drivel and myth to ascertain the legality of riding a restricted byway or path.

I've locked this thread to prevent further misuse of the forum and misleading posts."

Drivel? Myth?

The TRF's "Misuse of the forum" definition might usefully be expanded to include sarcasm and patronisation. :(
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

I am currently in the middle of a draconian three month ban for alleged 'defamation'(I posted what I thought of their attitude towards the members), so I can't take part in TRF discussions or see the members section of the forum until the end of November unless I grovel (and that ain't going to happen)
If the directors put their energy into answering reasonable forum questions of interest to the wider membership with a quick and direct, helpful response rather than hiding behind insistence on all questions being addressed to the directors by email so no-one else knows what is going on, the whole TRF would be a better place.

Anything remotely ROW or against the directors edict is classified as lies, myth, trolling, being a keyboard warrior, defamation or against the interests of the TRF and immediately culled. In my case, without the courtesy of an email and banned without the courtesy of discussion and putting my case or apology, which I would have made if asked at the time.

This paranoia is really depressing and is alienating more members than the Board may realise. Come the AGM, when all board members are up for re-election, some may be surprised at the number who vote against them.

I dread to think how the AGM will be run and if any dissent from the corporate opinion will be tolerated.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
-Ralph-

TRF becomming Extinct?

Post by -Ralph- »

If enough of you kick off at the AGM you will be heard, but that means if one person speaks and he gets shut down the rest of you need to leap to his defence and not sit there meekly thinking "this is awful". If someone then tries to shut several people down all of you kick off.

It sounds like the directors are trying to behave like the directors of a commercial organisation who expect to get it their way because they are paying the wage bill, but you guys aren't employees, in this case you pay the bills and the directors are answerable to you.

So go to your AGM and make your voice heard!

I might come along just for entertainment value!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

Ralph, in theory you're correct.

However, I (and others)have no confidence that the TRF AGM voting will be run fairly or openly.
It has been made increasingly and progressively more difficult for members to cast their votes, particularly with regard to election of officers of the company.

It is a sad situation, with long established TRF members (who have contributed and continue to contribute to the TRF in a helpful and +ve manner) being belittled publicly by one "director" in particular.

This modus operandi was one of the main factors behind the resignation of multiple decent directors during this year. :(
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

-Ralph- wrote:
So go to your AGM and make your voice heard!

I might come along just for entertainment value!

If you're not a member you can't attend (cards are checked on the door), which I suppose is fair but any potential new or returning members don't get to see what's going on.
one-legged adventurer
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Crossrutted wrote:Ralph, in theory you're correct.

However, I (and others)have no confidence that the TRF AGM voting will be run fairly or openly.
It has been made increasingly and progressively more difficult for members to cast their votes, particularly with regard to election of officers of the company.

It is a sad situation, with long established TRF members (who have contributed and continue to contribute to the TRF in a helpful and +ve manner) being belittled publicly by one "director" in particular.

This modus operandi was one of the main factors behind the resignation of multiple decent directors during this year. :(
I'm not talking about voting mate, I'm talking about shouting if necessary.

If they get 20 of you shouting, the vote won't mean shit.

"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
scouse

Post by scouse »

DavidS wrote:I am currently in the middle of a draconian three month ban for alleged 'defamation'(I posted what I thought of their attitude towards the members), so I can't take part in TRF discussions or see the members section of the forum until the end of November unless I grovel (and that ain't going to happen)
If the directors put their energy into answering reasonable forum questions of interest to the wider membership with a quick and direct, helpful response rather than hiding behind insistence on all questions being addressed to the directors by email so no-one else knows what is going on, the whole TRF would be a better place.

Anything remotely ROW or against the directors edict is classified as lies, myth, trolling, being a keyboard warrior, defamation or against the interests of the TRF and immediately culled. In my case, without the courtesy of an email and banned without the courtesy of discussion and putting my case or apology, which I would have made if asked at the time.

This paranoia is really depressing and is alienating more members than the Board may realise. Come the AGM, when all board members are up for re-election, some may be surprised at the number who vote against them.

I dread to think how the AGM will be run and if any dissent from the corporate opinion will be tolerated.
Substitute MAG for TRF and see the same reason why memberships are failing and people don't bother turning up to AGM's to vote - it' seems to be the same situation across all groups once the narcissists and sociopaths get "power"
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”