Yamaha MT09

The Things We Ride
OnHellas

Re: Yamaha MT09

Post by OnHellas »

Mike54 wrote:
OnHellas wrote:
Mike54 wrote:The MT09 is physically a bigger bike than the MT10. The measurements dont lie, nor do my cramped knees.

Why do the manufacturers make such bloody small machines??
Maybe they don't know about men as mighty and manly as you Mike?
You're pretty mighty and manly yourself, Paul ;)
That sounds better than overweight......I think.
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

Maybe I was just flirting?! :laugh:
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

SteveW wrote:
sprintster wrote:
SteveW wrote:
sprintster wrote:
threepot wrote:You mean 'stronger' than the 800 engine in the Tiger? Good comparison ;)
Not as strong as my 12 year old 955cc engine though! ;)
It is a few years since I had a 955cc, but I'd say the MT09 shoves a fair bit harder....may be the bike's short wheelbase and light weight combine to give that impression?
What kind of 955 did you have,Steve? I've already said in a different thread a few days ago that I don't want to try a Tracer 900 in case I find out my bike is actually crap in comparison :laugh: I think the nearest comparison to an MT-09 would be a Speed Triple and not a sports tourer or smaller capacity adventure bike though.Enjoy your new bike though. (thumbs)
I had the 995 Tiger. Don't try the Tracer unless you're prepared to part with your bike!
Thanks Spud.
I'm not a road-race God and the suspension is set up as good as it can be for me, so I'll probably just ride it as it is and think of somthing else to waste my cash on, rather than flashy suspenders.
I'm no god on a bike either mate and I replaced 10 year old suspenders instead of buying a new bike :whistle: and I agree with wasting the money on other things (thumbs) :laugh: a mate is very tempted by one of these bikes

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
ggp59

Post by ggp59 »

I bought a new (the basic one) but with the free Acropovick thrown in for a bargin 6100 last year.

Whilst it's great - looks and sounds good, goes like the clappers,small and light enough to throw around easily etc.and even have no problem with the fueling that most people go on about, but do agree the rear suspension in particular does feel a bit rubbish and for what it's worth even looks a bit rubbish!
The mode button actually makes a difference (unlike most on other bikes I've had) but have never felt much need for it as 'standard' works so well

But for some reason when fancying a spin keep walking straight past it to a 12 year TTR 600 so have only done 3,000 miles on it in 18 months!

I feel it's a great, (but slightly flawed) bike that I should love much more than i do, but probably because i should have owned when I was 27 and not 57, which is the reason I'll soon be getting rid of it :cheer:
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

I've never really been the type of rider that likes to take their bike out on sunny Sunday and raz-about on country roads, have a bacon butty and a brew, then repeat.
I've done it of course and I enjoy it when I do it, but I've been lucky in the fact that I can use a bike in my job, travelling about locally through the week.
Recently I've tended to buy bikes to do a job, rather than the riding dynamic. Hence my preference for the GS800, a real Jack of all trades. It'll take me across Europe or recently across the USA, good tank range, economical, decent on rough/dirt roads, carries luggage well and can even venture off road all together plus it'll keep me ahead of the 2.0 TDi's in the traffic light GP.
This MT09 has actually reconnected me to a side of biking on the road that I'd actually forgotten about.....
Bikes are Fun!
And they go like shit!
dave h

Post by dave h »

a mate of mine has the mt09 tracer,he rides it as it came from the shop[no complaints about brakes,suspention]
you can see how it out drags my ktm when the roads streighten up.

Dave.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

SteveW wrote:I've never really been the type of rider that likes to take their bike out on sunny Sunday and raz-about on country roads, have a bacon butty and a brew, then repeat.
I've done it of course and I enjoy it when I do it, but I've been lucky in the fact that I can use a bike in my job, travelling about locally through the week.
Recently I've tended to buy bikes to do a job, rather than the riding dynamic. Hence my preference for the GS800, a real Jack of all trades. It'll take me across Europe or recently across the USA, good tank range, economical, decent on rough/dirt roads, carries luggage well and can even venture off road all together plus it'll keep me ahead of the 2.0 TDi's in the traffic light GP.
This MT09 has actually reconnected me to a side of biking on the road that I'd actually forgotten about.....
Bikes are Fun!
And they go like shit!
I agree.
For me, affordable fun is the whole idea of the MT range, particularly the naked bikes and it would be a shame to start taking the bikes too seriously. The budget suspension, lack of wind protection and narrow focused remit reminds you how vulnerable you are, without the need for hyper speed, to give us the holy grail called adrenalin rush.
I've not personally ridden the tracer versions but can't help thinking they could be 'sanitized' to fit an adventure label on them :unsure:
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

dave h wrote:a mate of mine has the mt09 tracer,he rides it as it came from the shop[no complaints about brakes,suspention]
you can see how it out drags my ktm when the roads streighten up.

Dave.
Nice one B) . Whereabouts in Spain were you?
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
dave h

Post by dave h »

thanks,not exactly sure where this was lol,we based east Pyrenees just below Andorra.

Dave.
Barftone

Post by Barftone »

I took out an MT07 when they first come out and it put a big smile on my face. Guy at work bought one but is not happy with the finish.

Return to “BIKES”