Buying new bike

Bikers and riding
Redsoul

Buying new bike

Post by Redsoul »

After a bit of advice.......will be trading in my 2013 Super Tenere for a 2016 Super Tenere ze on Sunday at MilleniumMotorcycles.
The guy I am dealing with has just phoned me up and wants the balance of transaction now and not when I go to pick bike up...does this sound a bit strange or am I being paranoid.
Brenhden

Re: Buying new bike

Post by Brenhden »

Today is the 30th, end of month, important for bonus. :whistle:
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
Fishandchips

Post by Fishandchips »

Sod that. Pay the balance when you pick up the bike. A lot can happen in 48 hours. They might not be there on Sunday.

Just my opinion!
moto al

Post by moto al »

Honda dealers ,have to achieve their targets for the end of September ,for there dealer bonuses . A great time too get a big discount (thumbs) (thumbs) (thumbs)
moto al
Redsoul

Post by Redsoul »

moto al wrote:Honda dealers ,have to achieve their targets for the end of September ,for there dealer bonuses . A great time too get a big discount (thumbs) (thumbs) (thumbs)
Already got a big discount on bike hence buying at this time of year...just not comfortable parting with the £5000! It's going to cost me to trade up until I physically see the bike and they don't start trying to make any excuses up on my bike....got burnt once with the old George Whites many years ago.
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

tell him to fuck off, any issues on delivery and the balance of neg is all his way,

steve
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Redsoul wrote: Already got a big discount on bike hence buying at this time of year...just not comfortable parting with the £5000!
Just paid for a new truck today, pick it up Monday and it was a bit more than £5k

However I paid a £500 deposit by Credit Card a month ago and I'm covered up to the full amount, under the Consumer Credit Act

Plus it's a Toyota main dealer, so should be fine

Don't worry too much (thumbs)
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Redsoul

Post by Redsoul »

Let guy at Millenium know I will pay on arrival on Sunday which he was OK with but then phoned my 5 minutes later to say they can't tax bike unless I pay full amount even though I have already paid a deposit lol and sent them revised insurance cert.
Told them to give me my deposit back then.
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

I'd have paid the deposit on a credit card as well, however IF the OP has a high enough limit on their card why not pay the balance on a credit card & pay off the balance in full
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

They could tax the bike online for instant cover after you've paid the balance on Sunday. :whistle:

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”