Back brake sticking. Help!

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
dubber68

Re: Back brake sticking. Help!

Post by dubber68 »

rlkat wrote:A problem I had, when I replaced the last set of pads on my Transalp, was that the tabs on the brake pads were too tight in the slots in the caliper. The tolerances were too tight so I had to file the tabs down slightly so they could move freely. Same thing happened when I changed my brake pads on my Honda car.
I always check that as well as the orientation of the seal if it is tapered as this also affects the piston return.
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Yamaha XT1200Z, Sertao, Herald 250, Xcountry & Vanvan

[IMG]http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj4 ... POINTS.jpg[/IMG
HAMMERHEAD

Post by HAMMERHEAD »

rlkat wrote:A problem I had, when I replaced the last set of pads on my Transalp, was that the tabs on the brake pads were too tight in the slots in the caliper. The tolerances were too tight so I had to file the tabs down slightly so they could move freely. Same thing happened when I changed my brake pads on my Honda car.
Thanks for the advice RIK. (thumbs)
HAMMERHEAD

Post by HAMMERHEAD »

dubber68 wrote:
I always check that as well as the orientation of the seal if it is tapered as this also affects the piston return.
An easy misss as you have to look very closley indeed. Nearly got caught out myself on my KLV front brakes. Thanks for bringing to attention. (thumbs)

Return to “TECHNICAL”