Van - a big accessory!

The essential art of farkling.
fraserdog

Re: Van - a big accessory!

Post by fraserdog »

The firm i work for moved over to Peugeot Experts (12 reg's) and they were by far and away the most unreliable vans we ever used,turbo issues etc etc and one even burst into flames on the M4.
herman

Post by herman »

I know this is boring but lets talk residuals. Vw,Vw,VW if you buy new unless you can afford a sprinter that is. Not saying they are the best van mind just for the wallet. Second hand I would be looking at Renaults and Fiat/Pug/citroen and torching it after five years. Transits hold money ok and will always sell kind of middle ground. Best van to drive is the vivaro sport but get a six speed. Service them yourself mind as the dealers generally just throw oil and filters at vans and thats it.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
threepot

Post by threepot »

A friend and his girlfriend travelled up to the lake district in their Vivaro,with their Kwak w800 in the back. Clutch problem on the way up. Van towed to a local garage for repair,while they continued on bike. Turned out the clutch slave cylinder give way. It's situated in the gearbox bell housing! Advised to fit new clutch whilst apart...£800 to fix! :S
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

I wish you lot would decide which is the most super duperest van of all .. one that is super powerful but ultra economical, ultra reliable, cheap but fabulous to ride, will take 4 bikes inside and still have room for camping and picking up three young partying blondes. (and one redhead .. [no hair .. just a red head]) :)
HAMMERHEAD

Post by HAMMERHEAD »

garyboy wrote:I wish you lot would decide which is the most super duperest van of all .. one that is super powerful but ultra economical, ultra reliable, cheap but fabulous to ride, will take 4 bikes inside and still have room for camping and picking up three young partying blondes. (and one redhead .. [no hair .. just a red head]) :)
You been on the Penderyn special brew again Gary. Lol :laugh:
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

hah ... passed there today, Shaun .... and, with iron resolve, I am still totally tea total :laugh:
johnnyboxer

Van - a big accessory!

Post by johnnyboxer »

garyboy wrote:I wish you lot would decide which is the most super duperest van of all .. one that is super powerful but ultra economical, ultra reliable, cheap but fabulous to ride, will take 4 bikes inside and still have room for camping and picking up three young partying blondes. (and one redhead .. [no hair .. just a red head]) :)
Toyota Hiace
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

threepot wrote:A friend and his girlfriend travelled up to the lake district in their Vivaro,with their Kwak w800 in the back. Clutch problem on the way up. Van towed to a local garage for repair,while they continued on bike. Turned out the clutch slave cylinder give way. It's situated in the gearbox bell housing! Advised to fit new clutch whilst apart...£800 to fix! :S
this appears to be a common fault, friend paul from mechelect services every van hes had vivaro has had clutch cylinder issues

steve
herman

Post by herman »

It has an onboard slave so when it fails it contaminates the plates. But then the dmf on fords and vw take out their clutches too.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

on the older t5 with the 2.5 engine and 6 speed box, not so much with the 5 sp and 1.9 engine

steve

Return to “ACCESSORIES”