Wanted...Honda crf250l

If you’re looking to clear out the garage or fill it back up post up your FOR SALE or WANTED here. No commercial sales, just personal stuff.
garyboy

Re: Wanted...Honda crf250l

Post by garyboy »

quote//the L had lights and a rear disc--and NEVER sold in the UK //

thanks for that ... that explains it :)
SteveR

Re: Re: Wanted...Honda crf250l

Post by SteveR »

kito wrote:One very quick look on eBay and the is about 40 listings for a crf250l so can't be to hard to find. I considered one myself a while back and noticed that people always have them for sale with 500-2000 miles . It made me question why so many people are moving them on so quick though
Thought exactly the same. Found an immaculate, fully kitted one earlier in the year, only 1500miles and not really off roaded other than over a kerb or two. Right money but it just felt heavy for some reason, even though I know they are very capable bikes.

Loads about and it's just a case of waiting for a desperate seller. Ignore the optimists who knock 300 quid off and call it a bargain cos it's done 500 miles, they are still for sale a month later ;)
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

I'm now old school as far as Honda are concerned--both 89 NX250s-lovely little bkes and 26 bhp (9k revs) and 118kg.
The Mk 2 has just been finished--not perfect but brought back from the edge.
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

^...they look good (thumbs) . Is it the same engine as an XR250 uses?
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
HAMMERHEAD

Post by HAMMERHEAD »

catcitrus wrote:I'm now old school as far as Honda are concerned--both 89 NX250s-lovely little bkes and 26 bhp (9k revs) and 118kg.
The Mk 2 has just been finished--not perfect but brought back from the edge.
i certainly do like the look of them. (thumbs)
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Not at all like the XR250 or NX 650 (air cooled)--these NX250s may have a quad heritage(they were only made for 4 years) but I'm not sure--The AX was a big hit in Japan and there is a cult following(side panels and rear panel are still available from China!)--both of these came in from the US. The engine is twin OHC and 4 valves. Its water cooled with the rad just on the RHS--very similar layout to my WR250R. The LHS has the expansion bottle, coil and stuff. They are a bit softly sprung--the Mk 1 (my original) has Race Tech cartridge emulators, preload adjustment and a rear shock from a Mk2 bandit 600. The Mk2 just has heavier oil and preload adjusters at the front--and a bandit shock in the rear. I have CRF230 springs for the front should I need them as this is also a recognised mod. The seat is key locked, the fuses are in an external box and there are lots of nice detail touches. The muffler (stock) is actually part of the subframe so both aftermarket mufflers have to have appropriate braces to connect the top rail properly with the angled bottom tube. Both have my own full carbon bashplate and screen extension.They were built when Honda were NOT building to a budget.
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

I know its off topic but here's a link to give the NX/AX specs--I suppose the surprising thing is how little things have changed in real terms in 25 years.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_NX250
On a similar note I'm helping my son really sort out a 1981 R80 G/S--ohlins etc--now that bike is light, simple, and it seems has the "modern" preferred engine size--given the choice between a very well restored R80G/S and a modern F800 GS for the same money I know which one I would choose for a good adventure!
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

Reading that wiki specification of the NX250 makes me think that it was slightly ahead of it's time? 118kg, water cooled, 6 speed box, dohc, 4 stroke, electric start..all of that in 1988 (thumbs) .
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

lots of speculation on the new 250 rally .. its deffo got increased clearance ..bigger tank screen and led headlights so some of the weaknesses addressed ..no idea on suspension but i hope its improved .. there are roumers it will be 282 cc engine donated from the cb300 ..the one thing ive spotted is a oilcooler under the headlight ??which may suggest a beefier little engine or is it cos of the enclosed bodywork ..the red line is up 1000 revs too so a few little clues as to being abit livlier ..very nice dash set up too .. its deffo being launched but specs and price are still a mystery ..all the news mags say it will be announced this autum my own guess would be 5 to 5500 retail .. nice looking bike though
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

That does look nice--at the right price--and with a decent range it should be a winner.

Return to “FOR SALE - WANTED”