None of us have a clue how to do this …

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Mr Free Market

Re: None of us have a clue how to do this …

Post by Mr Free Market »

PJ, you are not alone ... I'm also completely confused. No matter, see you on the day
Over a long enough timeline, everyones survival rate drops to zero
Peejay

Post by Peejay »

Mr Free Market wrote:PJ, you are not alone ... I'm also completely confused. No matter, see you on the day
Phew, glad I'm not alone Mr Free, I'll have a chat with Tramp tomorrow at the simmer.

That'll teach me for going away for a few weeks..............:whistle:
BMW R1200 GS Adventure

KTM 990 R Adventure

Wheresoever you go. Go with all your heart.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Opps:whistle: :whistle: ..sure it was a 1150 honest guv..well I like them more:laugh: :laugh:

see you at the simmer tomorrow Pj..I`m the one in hiding.
Mr Free Market

Post by Mr Free Market »

:laugh:
Peejay

Post by Peejay »

Tramp wrote:Opps:whistle: :whistle: ..sure it was a 1150 honest guv..well I like them more:laugh: :laugh:

see you at the simmer tomorrow Pj..I`m the one in hiding.
My avatar is my old 1150 Adv, god I miss her.....
So easy mistake.

See u 2moro.
BMW R1200 GS Adventure

KTM 990 R Adventure

Wheresoever you go. Go with all your heart.
Buster

Post by Buster »

We used do some riding with a group from the army. We all used to wear hi viz vests, it tends to tell you apart from the scroats that fly about illegally.
There used to be about 30 or so riding doing orienteering stuff, never got any problems unless the army are practicing on the plain.
See you there.
I know I can do that that's why I'm not going to try!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Hi guys..

well we did the offroad ride yesterday from the southern the boil..and hope the plains dry out as it was a mud bath with plenty of sliding around.. B) ..

So if its wet still it`ll be the main tracks only unless some brave sole has full on mx tyres fitted :P :P .
GreatScott

Post by GreatScott »

Mr Free Market wrote:Just keeping the provisional team sheet up to date...

RIDE OUT LEADERS

Tramp
PJ
Orlando Orange
Herman

APPRENTICES

Mr Free Market / XT660Z / Marlborough
Jelly / Varadero / Sittingbourne
Dave / Varadero / Fareham
Rich / Vstorm / Fareham
GreatScott / R1200GS / Horsham
Kiteboy / F800GS / Weymouth
Zimtim / F650GS / Southampton
Versys Rider / Versys / Brissel
Ben Gun / KTM 990 / Crawley
Sorry guys I'm going to have to dip out. :( Have fun & ride safe
MHsnowy

Post by MHsnowy »

The Salisbury plain newsletter.

SALISBURY PLAIN TRAINING AREA (SPTA)
NEWSLETTER – JULY 2011
STOP PRESS
Fly tipping on Salisbury Plain cost a Westbury builder nearly £2,500! See Western Daily press and
the Warminster Journal for details.
TRAINING ON SPTA IN JULY
1 – 17 July sees exercises by the 1 LANCS battle group, a squadron of armoured engineers and a
3 YORKS armoured infantry company equipped with Warrior. Royal Netherlands Marine Corps
Mortar and Anti Tank Companies mounted in BV 206 light tracked vehicles will conduct live firing in
the first week of July with 120mm mortars and Gill Strike anti tank missiles.
18 – 22 July sees three Land Warfare Centre armoured exercises SABRES THRUST, BADGERS
STRESS and FINAL STRIKE moving across the Plain over four days. At the same time the largest
Royal School of Artillery exercise of the year CROSSED CANNONS will deploy into the Centre and
East as the culmination of four courses live firing with 105mm L118 Light Guns and 155mm AS90.
23 July to 24 August. Germany based 20 Armoured Brigade conduct their pre-Afghanistan
exercise (PASHTUN DAWN) with 6100 troops and 300+ armoured vehicles plus jets, transport
aircraft and helicopters. Convoys in excess of 80 vehicles may cause delays on tank crossings.
In the interests of public safety permissory use of the Military Lands for recreational
purposes is suspended from 24 July to 22 August 2011. The public are requested to avoid
areas where troops are training and to keep to rights of way on the Plain. There will be no
access to Larkhill Artillery Ranges and permissive stone tracks in the Copehill Down area
(Tilshead, Chitterne & Shrewton triangle) will be closed to the public.
Firing Noise. Firing is closely managed to ensure that legal noise limits are not exceeded and
disturbance is minimised. Although some may find the noise intrusive, it is well below legal limits.
Late Firing on Larkhill & Westdown Ranges: 5th, 7th, 12th, 14th, 19th, 21st, 26th, 28th, 30th.
AS90 Firing from Salisbury Plain East: 19th July.
AS90 Firing from Salisbury Plain West &
Tilshead, Chitterne, Shrewton triangle 21st July.
Complaints about Firing Noise should be made to (01980) 620819.
Military Flying. Helicopters, Hercules (C130) and fast jets may be active at any time. Fox Covert
& Everleigh Dropping Zones will be active throughout.
Complaints about low flying should be made to 0207 218 6020 or e-mail [email protected].
ACCESS
Access to Salisbury Plain is regulated by Salisbury Plain Military Lands and Bulford, Larkhill and
Imber Range Byelaws. This Newsletter is published up to 6 weeks before the event and urgent
training bids may come in subsequently. Always comply with local signs and flags.
Access timings can be found on the SPTA Walks Line: (01980) 67 4763.
Bulford Ranges. Public rights of way through Bulford Ranges are closed when red flags are
flying. No firing is planned for: 9th to 31st July Inclusive.
Larkhill Ranges. Public rights of way through Larkhill Ranges are closed when red flags are
flying. No firing is planned for: 2nd, 3rd, 9th, 10th, 16th, 17th, 23rd July.
Note. In the event of range fires access may be denied to some areas due to the risk of
unexploded ordnance “cooking off”.
Imber. Difficult terrain and unexploded military debris makes it hazardous to leave the tarmac
roads. The public are excluded from Imber Ranges except when the roads are opened to reduce
journey times across Imber Ranges. It is planned to open roads through Imber as follows:
1. 27, 28 & 29 August. Bank Holiday Weekend.
2. September 3 – 4. Access to St Giles’ Church to celebrate St Giles’ Day.
3. 12 – 13 November. Remembrance Day.
4. 17 December – 2 January 2012. Christmas and New Year break.
Notes.
1. Even when the roads are open the village remains out of bounds to the public.
2. These dates may change if operational training needs dictate.
Upcoming Major Exercises. During the following major exercises access will be restricted on
Larkhill Ranges and in the Chitterne – Shrewton – Tilshead Triangle north of the B390.
24 Jul – 22 Aug Ex PASHTUN DAWN
26 Sep – 30 Sep Ex LIONSTRIKE
13 Nov – 27 Nov Ex WESSEX THUNDER
Offences Causing Most Trouble to Users of SPTA. Currently the greatest problems are:
a. Illegal “Off Roading” by 4WD and motor cycles i.e. not on metalled roads or byways,
or without Road Tax, MOT or Insurance. Three motor cycles were seized in April!
b. Criminal damage.
c. Fly tipping.
d. Theft of and from vehicles and theft of metal.
e. Poaching (including hare coursing).
What You Can Do to Reduce Crime. Please report suspicious activity to PLAINWATCH (01980
674700). The more information received the better e.g. time, place, vehicle registration, description
of individuals and vehicles. If a crime is taking place call 999 and do not challenge the offenders.
Dog Fouling. For those who object to removing faeces, please “Google” Toxicara Canis.
We have no funds for “dog bins”. In large quantities faeces are hazardous waste but small
amounts can be placed in any rubbish bin if “bagged”. All we ask is that:
a. Dog walkers stay away from military training.
b. Owners pick up faeces, bag them, take them home and put them in their own bin.
Salisbury Plain Maps. The latest maps of Salisbury Plain are Ordnance Survey 1:25,000 Explorer
Series: Salisbury & Stonehenge (Sheet 130) 2009: Warminster & Trowbridge (Sheet 143) 2010.
N D LINGE MBE
Lt Col (Retd)
for Commander
Mr Free Market

Post by Mr Free Market »

"....and to keep to rights of way on the Plain"

That's where we'll be :)

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”