TRF becomming Extinct?

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Marionette

Re: TRF becomming Extinct?

Post by Marionette »

-Ralph- wrote:
Jak* wrote:do not whinge when your freedoms are taken away from you
As it stands at the moment more than half the forum don't whinge, they just stick two fingers up to the law and take their freedoms back.

http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... rails.html
Unfortunately the junta will not allow this, they have already got new compliant members lined up for the vacant positions, and the way meeting are now manipulated it is unlikely anybody else will have a chance.
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Marionette wrote:
-Ralph- wrote:
Jak* wrote:do not whinge when your freedoms are taken away from you
As it stands at the moment more than half the forum don't whinge, they just stick two fingers up to the law and take their freedoms back.

http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... rails.html
Unfortunately the junta will not allow this, they have already got new compliant members lined up for the vacant positions, and the way meeting are now manipulated it is unlikely anybody else will have a chance.
They won't allow it? How will they stop it? Now, what I was talking about isn't allowed by anybody, but it still happens. Now, of course, in order to reply, you need to look again at what "it" is.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
peterjt

Post by peterjt »

Freedom of speech is now a thing of the past in the TRF.
I find it ridiculous that these sort of posts need to be put on the ABR forum as they would only last a few minutes on the TRF Forum.

If somebody puts a post on the form and the Directors don't like it or feel it night show they are not doing things correctly it is removed.

For example a simple question about how the voting for Directors at the next AGM has been deleted probably because it was asking if a for or against vote would be held.

What are they frightened of?
Is the cash cow being milked?
Mushroom management new succeeds in the long run.

I know there are many TRF members who use this forum, it's now time to use your voice on the TRF forum as once groups start leaving the TRF will have lost its voice and nothing will stop the loss of trails.
byewayrider

Post by byewayrider »

Democracy or law and order only work via the bullet from a gun or a bomb dropped from on high....everything else is dillusion..
Solo ktm690 euro trail rider
peterjt

Post by peterjt »

It is strange how an organisation that was built up on fellowship can be destroyed by one or two people.

One of our members has been banned for posting on the TFR forum for either one or three months for criticising how the directors were treating the members.
Another has been refused the right of appeal against unjustified action of a Director.
Others are now either afraid to post or have to be very careful of the words used so they don't get treated in the same way.
Anything that a director does not like is removed or moved to an irrelevant section of the forum and as soon as active comments start appearing the thread gets locked.

The only conclusion that we are now able to draw is that infiltration by the anti-bike brigade has reached the highest level in the organisation.

It has got to the extent that "inducements" are now being made to get people to attend a regional conference.

The AGM looks as though it is being scheduled for the last day of Motorcycle Live so that there will not be enough members present to vote out anybody. There are even rumors that it's venue is being moved south so as to limit the attendance of Genuine members from the north.

I'm also in the position that I dare not post my true opinions on the TRF forum but am forced here.

I don't think it will be long before everybody either migrates here or an alternative if formed.
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

Interesting that you should post, Peter.

I have just been discussing with another TRF member about starting "TRF Management" threads on several bike forums - the purpose to discuss the issues that are being removed/moderated on the main TRF forum.

Also interesting that you mention possible infiltration by anti-bike elements.
This possibility was raised some time ago, at the time the present ruling junta was consolidating it's powerbase. A certain individuals other interests being of particular note in that respect.

If these matters cannot be discussed on the TRF forum without interference, they WILL be discussed elsewhere. The clock is ticking.....
peterjt

Post by peterjt »

Crossrutted wrote:Interesting that you should post, Peter.

I have just been discussing with another TRF member about starting "TRF Management" threads on several bike forums - the purpose to discuss the issues that are being removed/moderated on the main TRF forum.

Also interesting that you mention possible infiltration by anti-bike elements.
This possibility was raised some time ago, at the time the present ruling junta was consolidating it's powerbase. A certain individuals other interests being of particular note in that respect.

If these matters cannot be discussed on the TRF forum without interference, they WILL be discussed elsewhere. The clock is ticking.....
This really is the only other forum I visit regularly.

I think it would be good to spread the word to other forums that's why I joined in this thread.
I would also encourage anybody else to spread the word as the only way to let members know what is happening is through other methods than the TRF forum.
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

Many members are keen to see the latest accounts. :unsure:
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I didn't bother to renew my membership because I felt that the TRF was only really interested in what I'd describe as headline causes and as such were of no real benefit to anyone riding away from the National Parks.

I can fight my own corner by phoning my local councils and I don't see the point in subsidising a small number of media whores.
kito

Post by kito »

What about putting comments in the shared emails that go out to TRF members ? Once it's there it can't be removed can it ?

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”