Stop your GoPro Hero 4 Black or Silver videos sounding like a helicopter

If you know how to do something, share it with other members. i.e How to fix a puncture...How to ship a bike to Alaska etc. The post with the most 'Thank You' votes in a month wins an ABR Hoodie.
scouse

Stop your GoPro Hero 4 Black or Silver videos sounding like a helicopter

Post by scouse »

Guys apparently if like me you have only noticed that when it's quiet and you use wireless RC or the phone app you can hear a background noise like a helicopter... If your GoPro is in warranty you can go through the rigmarole of getting a replacement , which they will eventually do, or if like me you mainly filmed on the bike so missed this until you had owned one for 13 months there is a fix.

It's the shielding, or rather lack of it on several units, breaking down on the microphone and the wifi antenna causing interference.

Simple fix i pop silver front case off - take out battery and sd card - undo the screws on the front - piece of copper shielding tape on mic, another on the wifi antenna patch... make sure they have around a 4 mm gap otherwise they still interfere with each other - pop it all back together and no more Airhawk!

Now copper tape can be expensive... and I just happen to have a roll of it - PM me for a piece B)
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
scouse

Re: Stop your GoPro Hero 4 Black or Silver videos sounding like a helicopter

Post by scouse »

In case you don't believe me - this is the vid I followed...
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
scouse

Post by scouse »

It's the wifi ... so only shows up if you use your phone app to control it or the new RC gadget.

zimtim

Post by zimtim »

elizabethdavid wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:55 am When I was traveling with my expert player, I reviewed the recording when I got home, but I did not notification any sound, perhaps because I talked to my bike teammate on my way and there was a lot of noise around us.
Expert paper writer :lol: :x
Plagerism and poor English
Methinks the spambots are knocking on the door again.

:lol:
Brainfency

Post by Brainfency »

Its really hard for me, to belive you
scouse

Post by scouse »

Brainfency wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:43 pm Its really hard for me, to belive you
Yup - new sites killed the video link :D

Return to “HOW TO..........”