Morocco August 2016

Where you've been and what you done
Duncan666

Re: Morocco August 2016

Post by Duncan666 »

PHILinFRANCE wrote:I will be going back and been toying with the idea of a fly ride hol , are the bikes up to spec Duncan ?..... did you manage to get a deal for 2 weeks ? it roughtly works out at €600 a week for me but do know they like to barter
I hired a Husqavarna 650 Terra with brand new MT21 tyres fitted from www.loc2roues.com/ and that worked well for me. When I did have a problem they drove another bike to me overnight. Excellent customer service. It was a fair price B) ]

The bike suited my trip and was more than enough for the trails that I did. My advice would be to discuss where you plan to go and what you plan to do with whoever hires a bike to you. You don't want to be on knarly trails with someone else's polished pride and joy on road tyres.

In reality you'll find it's quite straightforward. You're starting point is 'Morocco Overland'. Read and digest this.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (52.86 KiB) Viewed 1674 times
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Intresting Mike , can you PM me some details please mate , been 3x before but the drag down is a ball ache (thumbs)
Cheers Phil
Lolo

Post by Lolo »

Should have called in for a cupper! :lol:

My last tour took me to Morocco and coming back through Portugal I had a epiphany. Rode home sold everything I owned, handed in my notice and bought a little run own cottage in rural Portugal and am now living the dream of self sufficiency :lol:
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

Lolo wrote:Should have called in for a cupper! :lol:

My last tour took me to Morocco and coming back through Portugal I had a epiphany. Rode home sold everything I owned, handed in my notice and bought a little run own cottage in rural Portugal and am now living the dream of self sufficiency :lol:
Sounds great where abouts are you in Portugal lm riding down from north to south on the trails end of May 2017. (thumbs)
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

PHILinFRANCE wrote:Intresting Mike , can you PM me some details please mate , been 3x before but the drag down is a ball ache (thumbs)
Cheers Phil
could be interested in making numbers up Phil (thumbs)

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Lolo

Post by Lolo »

diggermanbob wrote:
Lolo wrote:Should have called in for a cupper! :lol:

Sounds great where abouts are you in Portugal lm riding down from north to south on the trails end of May 2017. (thumbs)
Proenca-A-Nova. Castelo Branco. we are out in the sticks rural living. Your welcome to use us as a stopping point (we are basic living though)

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”