First ride with pillion

Where you've been and what you done
Mike54

Re: First ride with pillion

Post by Mike54 »

Parked outside the chippy in hawes (thumbs) Nothing gets past us you know ;)
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

Ming wrote:Took the demo Triple Black GS1200 out at the weekend, with the wife to test the pillion provision. Was made easier for her than on my Tiger as there was no top box on the BMW.All was well until we got back on the Triumph and she clouted the box with her foot, putting me off balance. That was as close as I'd want before dropping it
couple of bikes ive test rode from manchester would not let me take a pillion strange when you are trying to access a touring bike to do with insurance

steve
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I keep suggesting that my wife has a blast around the local villages in the chair of my outfit and she just scowls and tells me I'm a dick head :unsure:

She'll go pillion if she's got no option but ever since she was stupid enough to let me take her home on her old Triumph Daytona after I blew the engine in qualifying for the Snetterton 8hr endurance race she punches me in the kidneys if she thinks I'm about to get a bit out of order :)

She also got a bit sensitive when I promised to use the coast road between Ramsey and Douglas then went over the mountain instead and pretended she wasn't on the back and her 1200 Bandit was a race bike but she's not put in for a divorce so obviously forgets after a nights sleep.
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

had a go in gsxr 1100 round anglesey in the 90s on mates outfit, he was setting up for the tt, loved it but could not blag the chair for the IOI loved it

steve
vRSG60

Post by vRSG60 »

ollydog wrote:
quality bike that sir, does the bride like her perch.

steve
She's just a friend ,
Mike54 wrote:Parked outside the chippy in hawes (thumbs) Nothing gets past us you know ;)
and yes chippy in Hawes.
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith
Lolo

Post by Lolo »

Im 5ft 2" and my partner 6ft it's all in the mind Just belive! :whistle:

We look hilarious on a GS1200 he sits a foot above me, causes some worries though as people slow downs to stare on the motorway! :laugh:
gs.jpg
gs.jpg (25.56 KiB) Viewed 1336 times
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

ha know the feeling, i use to ride pillion on the fat boy with jan who is quite tall, felt like a naughty kid on the back,

steve

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”