Salisbury Plain big bike friendly

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Emf#53

Re: Salisbury Plain big bike friendly

Post by Emf#53 »

herman wrote:
Emf#53 wrote:Not been out for ages and my 800GS only has Anakee 3's fitted :ohmy:

Will it be an all day ride or just a few hours?
As long as you want to make it really as I will going in circles and we cross plenty of A roads.
Excellent. I'll see if I can make it for a few hours at least (thumbs)
JP-ADV990R

Post by JP-ADV990R »

Herman,
Hi mate. Pls keep us posted if plans change. I'm free 21st Sunday and keen on attending. Coming down with my 990 ADV.
Cheers
JP
herman wrote:August Sunday 21st a nice big loop of the Plain. Starting at Countess services Amesbury 9.30 for 10am depart. I will be on the S10 all bikes welcome. Mostly gravel with a few twin track bits thrown in. If it rains beforehand I will cancel but it seems unlikely so be prepared for dust. Bring water. Tyre choice is entirely up to you but racing slicks will make life hard. It is the last day Imber is open so we will go poke that with a stick along with Stonehenge. Image
shed

Post by shed »

Me and a mate are coming up from devon to explore for the day on Saturday he is on a 1190 me on a sertao both with semi road tyres , can anybody give some pointers on routes and were to find them ie starting points and thing to see. Neverbeen up there so any advise would be really appreciated.
herman

Post by herman »

Long range forecast is for rain Friday and Saturday !! I wont cancel at this stage but it looks a bit iffy now :angry: Wet chalk is not good on full knobblies let alone for the big bikes. Shed really don't bother if its wet as you will be stuck with the gravel access roads which are fine if that is what you want but get a bit boring. If you get OS landranger 184 I can mark it up for you but looks as though I will be trying again soon.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
~ACP~

Post by ~ACP~ »

Post up if you do another one Herman. I can't make this weekend but will be good to ride out again sometime :)
jonperry64

Post by jonperry64 »

Same for me. Can't do this weekend but definitely up for another one when it's dry and dusty! Thanks for organising these Herman.
herman

Post by herman »

I am going to cancel methinks rather than folks changing plans last minute. Heavy rain forecast for Friday and a warning for Saturday! :( I will post up another date soon.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Speedfour4

Post by Speedfour4 »

Hi all I'm going to heading out on the plain on Sunday regardless off the weather so if anyone is still planning on going I'm happy to lead.
James
JP-ADV990R

Post by JP-ADV990R »

Hi James,

I will contact you this evening if I'm attending tomorrow.
Thanks.
JP
Speedfour4 wrote:Hi all I'm going to heading out on the plain on Sunday regardless off the weather so if anyone is still planning on going I'm happy to lead.
James
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Anyone up on the plain today would.need a.friggin tank just to stay upright....blowin a hoole.....be carefull its mighty exposed and slippy

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”