Anyone familiar with using TomTom MyDrive to plan routes?

KTM Deano

Post by KTM Deano »

I'm trying to plan a route using TomTom MYDrive. It will let me add a 'from' and 'to' place but nothing in-between. Also I can't find any option to plan an alternative route. It does seem like a fairly straightforward piece of software and loads the routes up easily onto the latest TomTomRider 400.

Is anyone familiar with this? I know it's a fairly new thing (on a Mac anyway). Also, I know there are other route planners out there but I'm just interested in seeing how this works first of all.

Thanks in advance.

I've added a screen shot below.
MyDrive.png
MyDrive.png (595.01 KiB) Viewed 2372 times
Selous

Post by Selous »

My tt not supported but is the blue line not the route?

Try adding a 2nd destination see what happens

Sent from my GT-P5220 using Tapatalk

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com
JJay51

Re: Anyone familiar with using TomTom MyDrive to plan routes?

Post by JJay51 »

KTM Deano wrote:I'm trying to plan a route using TomTom MYDrive. It will let me add a 'from' and 'to' place but nothing in-between. Also I can't find any option to plan an alternative route. It does seem like a fairly straightforward piece of software and loads the routes up easily onto the latest TomTomRider 400.

Is anyone familiar with this? I know it's a fairly new thing (on a Mac anyway). Also, I know there are other route planners out there but I'm just interested in seeing how this works first of all.

Thanks in advance.

I've added a screen shot below.
MyDrive.png
Right click on the route line and select add stop.
If you want to force it to take another road off the route or make a specific route then do the same.

So to summarise -
Add start then add your Destination then right click and select 'add stop' on which roads you want to take there, i would add stops after every road or junction to avoid the auto planner taking over i.e. fastest route between waypoints
drdaveboy

Post by drdaveboy »

use motogoloco route planner dump custom route on memory card works great for tom tom 400
Selous

Post by Selous »

I would use www.myrouteapp.com or trye to travel for TT

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com

Return to “About GPS and GPS routes”